Create an account on the HP Community to personalize your profile and ask a question
10-14-2022 04:27 AM - last edited on 10-14-2022 09:51 AM by Ric_ob
i am getting the error message- cartridge cannot be used until printer is enrolled in HP Instant ink' , This started yesterday morning. I was trying to fix the printer as it kept giving me a message that the print default size was A6 and it did not recognise this. I tried to correct it but it kept reverting. I thought it would clear if I reset the printer to factory default, but since then I have been getting the error message above. i Have tried the troubleshooting advice and corrected the problem temporarily, but it keeps reverting back to the error message after printing a few sheets. i at my wits end with this and i am at the point of buying a new printer! Please help. My Instant Ink Account is still live and up to date.
10-16-2022 12:14 PM
Welcome to the HP Support Community
I understand you are facing an Ink Cartridge issue with your HP ENVY 5030 Printer. Not to worry I will help you to get a resolution to resolve the issue.
To assist better:
- Was there any recent update on the printer prior to the issue?
- Did you try to disable and enable Webservices?
While you respond to that, Let's perform a power drain:
- With the printer turned on, disconnect the power cord from the rear of the printer and also unplug the power cord from the wall outlet.
- Remove USB cable, if present.
- Wait for 2-3 minutes, press and hold the power button on your printer for about 30 seconds to remove any additional charge.
- Now plug back the power cable straight to a wall outlet without any surge protector or an extension cord (This is important) and then plug back the power cord to the printer.
- Turn on the printer and wait till warm-up period finishes and the printer is idle
Update the printer firmware
- Click here to download and install the latest printer firmware from your product
- Click here to know different methods of updating printer firmware.
Restart the computer, printer, and router
NOTE: The following steps temporarily disconnect network and Internet connections and require restarting your computer. Complete any tasks or downloads in progress before you continue.
- Turn off the router by pressing the power button or disconnecting the power cord.
- Turn off the printer.
- Close all running programs on your computer, and then shut down the computer.
- Press the power button or reconnect the power cord to the router, and then wait for the Internet activity light to display a normal connected status.
- Turn on the printer.
- Turn on the computer.
- Try to turn on Web Services.
- If the issue persists, continue to the next step.
Let's disable web services and re-enable it
--->Touch on the wifi icon ((i)) on the printer, and take down the IP address
--->Open a web browser (ex Chrome or Mozilla) and type in the printer's IP
---> click on web services and remove web services and re-enable it
If the issue persists, please follow the steps mentioned in this document: HP Inkjet printers - Ink cartridge errors
I hope this helps! Keep me posted.
Please click “Accepted Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution. Click the “Kudos/Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!
I am an HP Employee