07-08-2019 12:20 PM
I cannot print from my computer as a error message keeps showing on the printer which says.
'cannot print. visit www.hpinstantink.com for information'.
I have done everything, please help.
07-10-2019 05:55 PM
Thank you for posting your query on HP Community,
Let's try to restore the printer to the network defaults and then run the wireless setup wizard on the printer to the connect to the network.
To restore the printer to the original network settings
1. From the Home screen, touch (Wireless) and then touch ( Settings ).
2. Touch Restore Network Settings, and then follow the onscreen instructions.
3. Print the network configuration page and verify that the network settings have been reset
Next thing, I would suggest here is to print the network configuration page and check if the printer is restored.
To print the network configuration page,
On the printer control panel display, from the Home screen, touch (Wireless) to display the network status screen. Touch Print Info to print the network configuration page.
Once done, Run the wireless setup wizard on the printer to connect to the network.
1. From the printer control panel display, touch (Wireless).
2. Touch ( Settings ).
3. Touch Wireless Setup Wizard or Wi-Fi Protected Setup.
4. Follow the display instructions to complete the setup
Once the printer is connected to the home network. Once the printer is connected to the network, then assign a static IP to the printer:
- Obtain the IP address of the printer – You can touch the “wireless” icon on the printer control panel to get the IP address.
- Type the IP address on your web browser to obtain the printer EWS page on your computer.
- Go to "Network" tab - General - Select "Network protocols" - Select "Enable IPv4 only" (or similar) - Apply the settings.
- Go to the “Network” tab – Click on “Wireless (802.11) – Then click on “Network address (IPv4)
- Click on the radio button which says “Manual IP” and then click “Suggest a manual IP address” to give a manual IP address to your printer.
- Click on radio button which says “Manual DNS Server” and under manual preferred type 184.108.40.206 and under manual alternate type 220.127.116.11 (This is Google DNS server address)
Let me know how it goes for further assistance!
That said, If the information I've provided was helpful, give us some reinforcement by clicking the Accepted Solution and Kudos buttons, that'll help us and others see that we've got the answers!
Have a great day!
I am an HP Employee