Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Common problems for INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about Instant Ink. Check out this link: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER. .
HP Recommended
hp envy 4524
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

hp envy 4524 error message saying cartridges not compatible,but I am with instant ink,the colour cartridge says there is no ink but there is ink in as only used one day ago

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hey there! @mike284,

Have you tried checking with the regular ink cartridges? Does the issue persist?

Try the steps recommended below and check if it helps.

Restart the printer

With the printer turned on, disconnect the power cord from the rear of the printer.
Unplug the power cord from the wall outlet.
Wait at least 15 seconds.
Plug the power cord back into the wall outlet.
Reconnect the power cord to the printer.
Turn the printer on.

Remove, inspect, and reseat the cartridges

Clean the electrical contacts

Refer this article to know more information about ink cartridge issues with the printer. Click Here

If you still have issues after trying out the steps, please share us few details through a private message. So I can check the account details and ship you the replacement ink cartridges.

Instant ink account number-

Instant ink email address-

Shipping address-

Hope this answers your query!

Have a great day ahead! 🙂

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

A4Apollo
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

thanks for reply,had checked all those suggestions except the electrical side.I had somebody put a meter on the cartridge and there were no readings.Went through the checks with HP on the phone and they told me how to put the printer on black only and are sending me replacement colour cartridge with a view to sending the old one back,expect i will have fun putting it back to colour and black! with this being the first time it has happened. 

HP Recommended

Hi! @mike284,

Thanks for writing back to us.

Please try with the replacement ink cartridges and check if it helps.

If you have still have any concerns, please write back to us. We will try our best to help you out.

Take Care! 

A4Apollo
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.