09-17-2019 09:21 PM
Please excuse this new subject. The original posting has a lock on it. I do want to share the following and thank the people who helped.
"Your printer is not connected to the Internet” message appears every time you submit and new print request.
If this message started with no changes to your system, then HP Instant Ink server has a problem which they have to fix. You should try to contact them. None of the things listed below will fix your problem, so if support asks you to do them, say these do not fix the problem and ask for escalation.
Talented people have examined their internet messages and determine their printers can communicate with HP Instant Ink.
After several days, JamesK75 sent private messages. I think the messages got to the correct people and my HP Officejet Pro 8630 started working correctly. I never received any messages from HP Instant Ink saying they did something.
Many thanks to kevin_hakanson, mcguirerj, JamesK75, Cazza1000, and Cheron-Z.
Things that do not work:
- The printer connects to the wireless network or via a wired connection without any issues at all.
- Checked the printer date/time was correct
- I can access the printer EWS homepage and modify settings
- On the EWS homepage it reports that Web Services has a problem, and has a red X across the icon. Clicking the "Fix" button doesn't resolve anything
- Network clients can print without an issue
- Network clients can initiate scans without an issue
- I have tried manually entering the DNS of 188.8.131.52/184.108.40.206 for wired and wireless connections to rule out any issue with my ISP DNS
- I have tried resetting the wireless and wired network connections
- I disabled IPv6
- I manually disabled the Network Proxy (it was previously set to the default of Automatic)
- The HP Instant Ink Status page at https://instantink.hpconnected.com reports the printer is offline.
- I have tried power cycling the router
- I have power cycled the printer
- If I tell the printer to look for a software update, it reports back that the software is up to date - which leads me to believe the printer is connecting to the internet without an issue.
- All other clients on the network, wired and wireless can connect to the internet without a problem.
- Factory Reset