Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Common problems for INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about Instant Ink. Check out this link: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER. .
HP Recommended
Hp envy 7134
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

hi everyone 

Anyone had the same email from hp instant ink advising to update your printer. Got the email a couple of days ago. Tried to use printer today. Not even breathed on it for last week or so. Guess what, the message stating ink cartridge incorrectly fitted not displayed. Those pesky ghosts have moved the cartridge again. Cannot print what i need to desperately tonight and to top it off I get a billing invoice for my next months ink subscription. Oh and thats while I'm trying to sort the **bleep** printer to get it to work. Low and behold the email does state if you have problems after updating click on the link. A link that keeps looping and all you get is your printer warranty is out of date. Cracking work hp. Anyone have a real solution and I dont mean get rid and use Epson of course. They are even worse 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

elec-3.jpg

 Hi Jay_24 

Just a quick thanks for your help.

Sorry my printer didn't make it. 

Please respect my privacy at this difficult moment. 

Its a good job I took an extended warranty out. Not with HP. Went to the store told the guy whats matter with it and told him where I was getting with hp. 

Result new printer on its way. Sorry planet but thats obviously what hp wanted me to do i guess. 18 months old looked as good as new. Oh and how hp has lost out . 

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

Hi @Cheesedoffagain

Please send us a private message with your Instant Ink account details or you may also respond to the private message I've sent out and I'll help you out, accordingly. Check next to your profile name, you should see a little blue envelope, please click on it. 

Let me know. 

And, Welcome to the HP Support Community

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

Have a great day!

HP Recommended

Hi Gay_24

I would have thought hp and hp instant ink would have a customer help centre at the very least. Seriously im expected to send my user details for instant ink account and printer serial etc. It would appear hp have changed some software in the printer after receiving the email about updating, from instant ink,causing the printer not to work correctly. I would have expected a technical response in order to solve the problem. But no. Hp ink want to charge me for the ink in theory I've already subscribed for and then want to charge me a further month for cancelling my subscription. Hp between them have clearly altered my printer ability to print with the cartridges supplied. Does no liability fall on hp. Is this how hp assist customers once they have caused an issue with my printer, through a help forum and I appreciate your little symbol says hp on it but that means nothing. Business idea. Sell printers and cartridges, open a forum and customers can then provide aftershales to each other. No responsibility, no costs just pure profit. Oh your right its not new because hp already trade that way by the looks of it. Cancelled my ink account, the email did suggest if I by cartridges elsewhere they won't have an issue. Or would you just advise the skip. Very planet friendly hp.

HP Recommended

Please look for a private message from me requesting additional information. Keep in mind not to publicly post personal information (serial numbers and case details).

If you are unfamiliar with how the Community's private message capability works, you can learn about that here.

Thank you for visiting the HP Support Community.

HP Recommended

elec-3.jpg

 Hi Jay_24 

Just a quick thanks for your help.

Sorry my printer didn't make it. 

Please respect my privacy at this difficult moment. 

Its a good job I took an extended warranty out. Not with HP. Went to the store told the guy whats matter with it and told him where I was getting with hp. 

Result new printer on its way. Sorry planet but thats obviously what hp wanted me to do i guess. 18 months old looked as good as new. Oh and how hp has lost out . 

HP Recommended

Alright 🙂

I am glad you're receiving a replacement.

If you need further assistance feel free to reach out to us.

Have a great day ahead!

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.