Create an account on the HP Community to personalize your profile and ask a question
10-19-2022 03:08 AM - last edited on 10-19-2022 10:35 AM by Ric_ob
HP Officejet 6950
Everytime I click on pages I wish to print I get the box come onto the screen to say print cannot conect to the internt for instant ink; of which I get a choice of two boxes
connect or ok
if I click on connect it comes back with cannot connect of which I have unpluged the printer, router & reput in password etc to no good.
If I click ok it again will not print.
My monies have again gone out to HP for ink so its not me that has canceled.
Any help would be good as I have nearly no ink in all 4 but whilst printer not working I am stuck.
10-20-2022 07:48 AM - last edited on 07-17-2023 02:12 PM by SofiaML
Welcome to the HP Support Community
I understand you are facing an issue with your HP OfficeJet 6950 All-In-One Printer. Not to worry I will help you to get a resolution to resolve the issue.
To assist you better:
- Is the blue Wi-Fi light solid on the printer? ( if the Wi-Fi Light is blinking then please re-connect the printer back to your Wi-Fi router - Restore Wi-Fi setup mode on your HP printer, Once you restore the network to defaults, then please follow the instructions on this link to connect the printer back to your PC.)
- How far is the printer located from the WiFi router?
- Do you have a dual-band router?
- If you have a dual-band router and both 2.4GHz and 5GHz networks share the same name/SSID, the printer will not be able to connect to the network. In this case, contact your Internet service provider to assign different names to both networks.
While you respond to that let's try the below suggestions:
Restart the computer, printer, and router
- To resolve many connectivity issues, restart the computer, printer, and router.
- NOTE: The following steps temporarily disconnect network and Internet connections, and require restarting your computer. Complete any tasks or downloads in progress before you continue.
- Turn off the router by pressing the power button or disconnecting the power cord.
- Turn off the printer.
- Close all running programs on your computer, and then shut down the computer.
- Press the power button or reconnect the power cord to the router, and then wait for the Internet activity light to display a normal connected status.
- Turn on the printer.
- Turn on the computer.
- Try to turn on Web Services.
- If the issue persists, continue to the next step.
Let's disable webservices and re-enable it
- Touch on the wifi icon ((i)) on the printer, and take down the IP address
- Open a web browser (ex Chrome or Mozilla) and type in the printer's IP
- click on webservices and remove webservices and re-enable it
- If the issue persists, proceed to the next step.
Check the Internet proxy server settings
- For networks that use proxy servers, update the Web Services settings in the printer EWS with the proxy information.
- Locate the Internet proxy settings.
- Windows: Search Windows for Internet, and then click Internet Options in the list of results. On the Internet Properties window, click the Connections tab, select your network, if necessary, and then click Settings.
The network settings menu displays with the proxy settings.
From the EWS, click the Web Services tab, and then click Proxy Settings.
- Type the Address and Port values for your proxy server connection, and then click Apply.
- Try to turn on Web Services.
Update the printer firmware
- HP regularly releases printer updates. Updating the printer firmware might resolve the issue.
- Refer -- HP Printers - Updating or Upgrading Printer Firmware
If the issue persists, then please send us a private message with your Instant Ink account details or you may also respond to the private message I've sent out and I'll help you out, accordingly. Please check your Private message icon on the upper right corner of your HP Community profile Next, to your profile Name, you should see a little blue envelope, please click on it or simply click on this link.
I hope this helps! Keep me posted.
Please click “Accepted Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution. Click the “Kudos/Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!
I am an HP Employee