Create an account on the HP Community to personalize your profile and ask a question
09-03-2022 08:57 AM - last edited on 09-03-2022 09:11 AM by MarcusC
when I log onto hp+ to check when ill be getting my shipment it says that my black ink cartridge is not hp, but it is I only just got this printer less than a week ago and I only installed the ones it came with, I don't know what to do to fix the issue ive tried restarting the printer and the hp smart app but nothing
09-09-2022 06:24 AM
Welcome to the HP support community.
I understand that you are getting cartridge error, I am glad to assist you.
Reset the printer
- Reset the printer to recover from printer errors or failures.
- If your printer has a rechargeable battery, remove it.
- With the printer turned on, disconnect the power cord from the printer.
- Unplug the power cord from the power source.
- Wait 60 seconds.
- Reconnect the power cord to a wall outlet and to the printer.
- NOTE: HP recommends plugging the printer directly into a wall outlet.
- Turn on the printer to complete the reset.
Clean the ink cartridge and carriage electrical contacts
- Remove any debris or buildup from the contacts on the cartridges and in the carriage.
- Open the door or lid to the cartridge access area. Wait until the carriage stops moving before continuing.
- Remove the cartridge indicated in the error message from the carriage.
- Carriages with cartridge latches: Open the latch, and then pull the cartridge up and out of the slot.
- Carriages without cartridge latches: Gently press down on the cartridge to release it, and then pull it out of the slot.
- Holding the cartridge by the sides, remove any protective tape that still might be on the contacts.
- CAUTION: Do not touch the ink nozzles or the copper-colored electrical strip. Touching or trying to remove these parts can result in clogs, ink failure, and bad electrical connections.
- Lightly dampen a lint-free cloth with distilled water, and then wipe the copper-colored contacts on the cartridge.
- Lightly dampen a lint-free cloth or swab with distilled water, and then clean the electrical contacts in the carriage.
- Wait 10 minutes for the contacts to dry, and then reinsert the cartridge into its color-coded slot.
- Repeat these steps for the other cartridge if it was indicated in the error message.
- Close the door or lid to the cartridge access area.
Refer to this HP document for further assistance:- Click here
Keep me posted.
If this helps, please mark the public post as an accepted solution so that it benefits several others.
I am an HP Employee