Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Common problems for INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about Instant Ink. Check out this link: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER. .
HP Recommended
office jet all in one colour printer

Hi due to the current situation I have recently been forced to cancel my instant ink account, I saw some HP ink cartridges for sale on ebay unfortunately I was unaware of the problem I would have eg error message will only print on the allocated printer. once you have finished laughing any one know how I can over ride this problem to get them used up and not have to buy more straight away, I have tried: factory reset, turned off web services, unplugged and waited 60 sec,  put ip address in to google to disable cartridge protection and so on to no avail. please help if you can thanks bob.

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

Hi @bob6364

Welcome to the HP Support Community. I'd be happy to assist you.

Once you cancel the Instant Ink subscription, you may use the Instant Ink cartridges for that billing cycle after which you will have to use regular HP ink cartridges.

• What is the exact error message on the printer?
  • What model printer are you using?

Keep me posted.

KUMAR0307
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

HI printer is HP OFFICEJET 4658, The error message is " cartridge can not be used until printer is enrolled in hp instant ink " thanks for any help or info bob

HP Recommended

@bob6364

• Are you using Instant Ink cartridges in the printer?
  • Have you tried using regular HP ink cartridges?
  • Turn off web services as the printer is not enrolled in Instant Ink anymore.
  • Refer to this document to know how.
  • Try printing.

Keep me posted.

KUMAR0307
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

hi, thanks for your post,

* yes instant ink cartridges

*regular hp cartridges work ok

* have all ready tried turning off web services and disabled ink proctection

when I decided t turn off instant ink, I saw about 8 hp inks for sale on ebay as they were cheaper I bought them only to find when I put them in the printer this error came up on them all  thanks bob.

HP Recommended

@bob6364, thank you for the response.

As the issue is related to Instant ink cartridges, I need more information to help you out.

Since the instant ink account details are confidential, please send me the required information via private message.

I am sending you a private message with the information required.

Keep me posted.

KUMAR0307
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.