Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Common problems for INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about Instant Ink. Check out this link: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER. .
HP Recommended
Microsoft Windows 8.1 (64-bit)

This is very troubling....   I have paid well over $90 the last two years for 3 cartridges.   I decided in July 2019, i no longer wanted the service.   At that time, i had well over 100 rollover pages.  Pretty much same day I cancelled, my account was charged $5.29 for that service.  Which now I understand, it is an arrears charge for June.  However, when HP got me to stay by offering $1 service, they decided to remove all my rollover pages.  Thus, I am now over the 10 pages for printing.  Now, they want to charge me $4.00 for overage.   I  have since cancelled service and they will "deactivate" my paid for cartridges as of 8/11/19.  Does this sound like proper business practice?     Hmm, seems like as one of their stockholders, I would have had better luck with them.

If this has happened to others, I am not sure how this is either ethical or legal.    Just the same, I will never recommend the service to anyone.    I'm from Michigan, so we are not a class action bunch of folks.  I am just surprised someone in California has  not filed a formal complaint or filed suit.    My recourse will be inquiring with various Federal government agencies and let them know of this unusual business practice.  

HP, feel free to follow up with [edited] if would like to rectify this situation.

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

@gatornavy

I have brought your issue to the attention of an appropriate team within HP. They will likely request information from you in order to look up your case details or product serial number. Please look for a private message from an identified HP contact. Additionally, keep in mind not to publicly post personal information (serial numbers and case details).

If you are unfamiliar with how the Community's private message capability works, you can learn about that here.
Thank you for visiting the HP Support Community.

I work on behalf of HP
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.