Create an account on the HP Community to personalize your profile and ask a question
03-18-2022 03:27 PM
Thank you for posting on the HP Support Community.
Don't worry as I'll be glad to help, to provide an accurate resolution, I need a few more details:
- Did you move to another country other than the country where the printer was purchased?
Try the below suggestions-
Reset the product
- With the printer turned on, disconnect the power cord from the rear of the printer.
- Unplug the power cord from the wall outlet.
- Wait at least 60 seconds.
- Plug the power cord back into the wall outlet.
- Reconnect the power cord to the printer.
- Turn the printer on. HP recommends plugging the printer directly into a wall outlet.
Clean the electrical contacts
Remove the cartridge indicated by the error message, clean the electrical contacts, and then reinsert the cartridge in its color-coded slot.
- Turn the printer on.
- Open the door to access the cartridges.
- Wait until the carriage stops moving before you continue.
- Remove the cartridge indicated in the error message from its slot, holding it by its side.
CAUTION: Do not touch the copper-coloured contacts or the ink nozzles. Touching these parts can result in clogs, ink failure, and bad electrical connections.
- Remove any protective tape that still might be on the contacts.
CAUTION: Do not touch or try to remove the copper electrical strip
- Lightly dampen a lint-free cloth with distilled water, and then clean only the copper-coloured contacts on the cartridge.
- Lightly dampen a lint-free cloth with distilled water, and then clean the electrical contacts in the carriage, located inside the printer.
- Wait 10 minutes for the contacts to dry.
- Reinsert the cartridge.
- Insert the black cartridge into the right slot.
- Insert the tri-colour cartridge into the left slot.
- Repeat these steps for the other cartridge, if necessary.
- Close the cartridge access door.
- If the error persists, repeat the previous steps to clean the cartridge and carriage contacts a second time.
- Check for the error message.
The printer you own can work in single-cartridge mode, wherein the printer will be able to print with one cartridge in the printer.which will help us identify if its a cartridge issue or a printhead issue
To try single-cartridge mode follow the below steps:
- Remove the black ink from the printer, leave the colour in and try printing
- Then remove the colour ink, insert the black in and try printing
Hope this helps! Keep me posted for further assistance.
Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution. Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!
I am an HP Employee