Highlighted
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post

no black printing, grey OK, color ok

HP Recommended
Deskjet 3755
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I have a HP Deskjet 3755... which I rarely use (<15 pages per month) however it has NEVER had good black printing, (so general text output is terrible) though color seemed ok...  Currently there is no black printing...  black cartridge is almost full, cleaning and aligning the cartridges did not improve output. The test print page shows 3 very light grey copies of the alphabet and then 3 "blue" bars, 3 "red"  bars, 3 "yellow" bars and 2 (NOT 3) grey bars - the position of a first bar is apparently white. The colored alignment bars appear OK, but what I think should be black bars appear as light grey....   as grey appears to print... but NOT black... any suggestions.

After comment from HP's sandytechy20... I re-ran cleaning & aligning...   marginal improvement on black quality...   but still NOT adequate to use... as unreliable & difficult to read black text... From MSWord I changed "colour" to various grey setting percentages.. and they always worked... it is strictly a problem with "normal" black text or pure black graphic on test pages

1 REPLY 1
Highlighted
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
22,495 22,388 1,231 1,334
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@AndyM3

Welcome to the HP support community.

Try the steps mentioned in this HP document to fix the issue:- Click here

I hope that helps.

To thank me for my efforts to help you, please mark my post as an accepted solution so that it benefits several others.

Cheers.

Sandytechy20
I am an HP Employee

0 Kudos
Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation