Highlighted
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post

print cartridge communicating problme with the printer

HP Recommended
Deskjet 3720
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

The print cartridge suddenly stops communicating with the printer. 

The last time qhen i used the printer everything was fine. And now both catridge no longer communicat with the printer. I already tried a few things, like ubdate, cleaning the contacts.  At the end I just pressed the X Button. After that the black catridge communicates again, but if i try to print there is nothing on the paper. The color catridge still doesn't communicate. 

Any ideas, what I can try or a way to contact the Support?

1 REPLY 1
Highlighted
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
16,778 16,738 718 788
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@elalea

Thank you for posting on HP Support Community.

Don't worry as I'll be glad to help, I have a few troubleshooting steps we could try to fix the issue:  

Use the single-cartridge mode to operate the printer with only one ink cartridge. The single-cartridge mode is initiated when an ink cartridge is removed from the ink cartridge carriage. During single-cartridge mode, the printer can copy documents, copy photos, and print jobs from the computer. 

• NOTE: When the printer operates in single-cartridge mode, a message is displayed on the printer display. If the message is displayed and two ink cartridges are installed in the printer, verify that the protective piece of plastic tape has been removed from each ink cartridge. When plastic tape covers the ink cartridge contacts, the printer cannot detect that the ink cartridge is installed. 

Install two ink cartridges in the printer to exit single-cartridge mode. 

Hope this helps! Keep me posted for further assistance.
Please click “
Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

ECHO_LAKE
I am an HP Employee

0 Kudos
Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation