Create an account on the HP Community to personalize your profile and ask a question
09-17-2022 09:17 AM - last edited on 09-17-2022 09:23 AM by MarcusC
I am trying to find out since I am on the Instant Ink plan, what the process is for receiving an ink cartridge that my printer does not recognize what was sent by HP?
09-18-2022 08:22 AM - edited 09-18-2022 08:22 AM
Welcome to the HP Support Community
I understand you are facing an Ink Cartridge issue with your HP Printer. Not to worry I will help you to get a resolution to resolve the issue.
To assist better:
- Was there any recent update on the printer prior to the issue?
- Do you see any Error message on the screen?
While you respond to that, Let's perform a power drain:
- With the printer turned on, disconnect the power cord from the rear of the printer and also unplug the power cord from the wall outlet.
- Remove USB cable, if present.
- Wait for 2-3 minutes, press and hold the power button on your printer for about 30 seconds to remove any additional charge.
- Now plug back the power cable straight to a wall outlet without any surge protector or an extension cord (This is important) and then plug back the power cord to the printer.
- Turn on the printer and wait till warm-up period finishes and the printer is idle
Update the printer firmware
- Click here to download and install the latest printer firmware from your product
- Click here to know different methods of updating printer firmware.
If the issue persists, then please follow the steps mentioned in this document: HP Inkjet printers - Ink cartridge errors
We would need some information related to your Instant Ink Subscription. This information cannot be shared on a public post.
I have sent you a private message, reply to the message with your details.
In order to access your private messages, click the private message icon on the upper right corner of your HP Support Community profile, next to your profile Name or simply click on this link.
Hope this helps! Keep me posted.
Please click “Accepted Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution. Click the “Kudos/Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!
I am an HP Employee
09-18-2022 05:19 PM
Thank you for all the information, but it was not necessary since I had another ink cartridge to use. I really would like to know what I should do with the filled ink that would not be recognized from my printer? I did all the listed suggestions and still the ink cartridge wouldn't be recognized.
So I just want to know what I should do with this ink cartridge?