Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Common problems for INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about Instant Ink. Check out this link: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER. .
HP Recommended
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi All,

How can I bypass the automatic shutdown of printing ability if my printer cannot connect to HP Instant Ink online? What about bad wifi? I can still use my USB connection, but the printer won't let me print without the Connection....

Thanks!!

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

@cfoos929, Welcome to HP Support Community!

The printer has to be connected to the internet 24|7 to be able to print. If the connection is poor it needs to be fixed.

I hope that answers your concern adequately. Let me know!

Please click “Accepted Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution. Click the “Kudos/Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

TEJ1602
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

When you say the printer must be connected to the Internet 24/7, does that also mean that the printer must stay on 24/7 as well? When I turn my printer off, a message says I won't be able to print, which makes sense. But I assume that means the printer also isn't connected to the Internet when it's off. Does shutting off the printer cause a problem for Instant Ink?

HP Recommended

@BJans

No, shutting off will not cause any problem, but when powered back on it should be connected to the internet so that the Instant Ink status gets updated.

I hope that answers your concern adequately. Let me know!

Please click “Accepted Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution. Click the “Kudos/Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

TEJ1602
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Ok, but what about using s USB connection? Still need a wifi connection? 

HP Recommended

@cfoos929

WiFi is a must if the printer is connected to Instant Ink. You, can use the USB cable, but the ink level monitoring woud not be possible which results in ink not being shipped at the right time.

Thanks!

TEJ1602
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.