Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Common problems for INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about Instant Ink. Check out this link: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER. .
HP Recommended

I signed up for instant ink. Fitted the colour cartridge when the original ran out. After printing a few photos it stopped printing saying cartridges can't be used until printer is enrolled. It is enrolled and web services work with normal inks. Support said cartridges were faulty so sent normal ones to use till new instant inks arrived. When I fitted the new instant ink it printed 4 photos then same error message.

The instant ink status will not connect to printer to update page count or its online status, says online even when printer unplugged.

ENVY 5010

How do I fix it?

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Status has finally changed to offline, will turn it back on and see what happens.

HP Recommended

After testing several times the online/offline status works but with several minutes delay. The status still does not display the page count and web services-summary shows as instant ink disabled.

HP Recommended

@LindaF1, Welcome to HP Support Community!

Update the printer firmware

Download available firmware updates from the HP website

With the printer on and connected to the computer, go to HP Customer Support - Software and Driver Downloads, and then identify your printer. Look for and install any available firmware updates.

For more information, go to Updating or Upgrading Printer Firmware.

Assign manual IP to the printer

The steps on how to set a manual IP address can be found here.

For the DNS servers please use 8.8.8.8 for the Manual Preferred DNS Server and 8.8.4.4 for the Alternate DNS server. These are Google’s public DNS servers.

Hope this helps!

Let me know if you need any further assistance.

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution. Click the “Kudos/Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

TEJ1602
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.