JBrown8245
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

printer not connected to hp connect message

hp office jet pro 8610
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

When I try to print I receive a message saying the printer is not connected to HP connect. It also says instant ink is not communicated with and printing may cease. When I acknowledge the message, the printer completes the job.

1 REPLY 1
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
21,068 21,032 1,384 2,215
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

printer not connected to hp connect message

@JBrown8245,

Thank you for posting your query on HP Community,

Have you checked for any billing issues?

Did you try to update the printer firmware?

Let’s start by performing a network power drain. Follow the steps below:

Turn off all the devices connected on your network including the PC, Smartphones, printer, modem (if present) and router. Make sure all the devices in the network are turned off / unplugged.

Wait for 2-3 minutes.

Now turn on the modem if present. Wait till all the lights are steady and idle.

Then turn on the router. Again wait for a couple of minutes so that the lights are all steady.

Then turn on the PC and other devices.

Next thing, I would suggest here is to update the printer firmware. 

You may refer to the steps suggested in this support document for - HP Printers - Updating or Upgrading Printer Firmware

Once done, restart the printer and check if you're connected to the network.

Since the instant ink account details are confidential, please send me the required information via private message.

I am sending you a private message with the information required. Please check the mailbox icon at the top-right corner of this screen.

Please check your Private message icon on the upper right corner of your HP Forums profile,

Next, to your profile Name, you should see a little blue envelope, please click on it.

I hope this helps resolve this issue completely,

Regards,

Jeet_Singh
I am an HP Employee

0 Kudos
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation