Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Common problems for INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about Instant Ink. Check out this link: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER. .
HP Recommended
HP OfficeJet Pro 6978 All-in-One Printer

This error keeps popping up, "Cannot print. Visit www.hpinstantink.com for more information." Does anyone know how to fix this?

6 REPLIES 6
HP Recommended

I have gone to the link in the error, but it doesn't make any sense

HP Recommended

I'm getting the same message, it started yesterday. I cancelled my HP Instant Ink back in October 2019 and didn't have a problem until now. Let's hope somebody has the answer!!

HP Recommended

@Randy1011 We got you covered, don't you worry!

Although, here are a few things you may want to know about your HP Instant Ink account page before we get into the details of resolving your concern: Click here for FAQs.

• Your HP Instant Ink account page contains the data on past deliveries and estimated shipments.  
  • It also helps you understand what state your cartridges are in based on HP's data,  
  • Any issues will be shown with its solution using a step by step approach, to make it easier for you!

Please check your account page to see the latest cartridge information by signing into your account at "instantink.com".    

If the suggested information can't be found, You may respond to the private message I've sent out and I'll help you out, accordingly

Check next to your profile Name, you should see a little blue envelope, please click on it as I've sent out a list of questions and I could provide a better solution once I have the answers: 

Click here for more details on how to access the private messages on HP Forums

P.S: Welcome to HP Community 😉

We eagerly await your response,

Help us, help you.

And Take care.

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

I did everything per Riddle's instructions, and still the same error:  "Cannot print. Visit www.hpinstantink.com for more information." And still won't print. On top of Riddle's instructions I restored the default settings in the 8740 printer, still same. I do not want to reinstate HP Instant Ink, I prefer to buy ink cartridges as I need them. I feel like I've been forced to use this service, and I want it gone!!! What's next?

HP Recommended

When I cancelled HP Instant Ink I replaced all the HP Instant Ink cartridges to regular HP Print cartridges and it worked fine. After doing all the suggestions that the HP support person told me to do, I double checked and pulled out all the Ink cartridges and sure enough the Cyan cartridge was a HP Instant Ink!!! Where the heck did that come from? I thought I had recycled all of the HP Instant Ink cartridges but there was a straggler that my son installed when the Cyan ran out and failed to tell me! Argh, teenagers! My Bad, I should have asked him if he did anything to the printer! Printer is now back in business!!! Woohoo!

HP Recommended

@Eightball2217

Glad to know that the issue is now resolved. Feel free to contact us with any concerns related to HP products.

Happy to help!

KUMAR0307
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.