Create an account on the HP Community to personalize your profile and ask a question
12-23-2022 09:13 PM
I am dealing with some warning messages on the HP ENVY 4525 screen, setup in a home PC rig under "Windows 10 Home".
Such as "Soon further printing will stop !" -> "Visit HPinstantink.com ASAP !"
To be then greeted by an "Unable to connect to the printer now. Try again later"
Any advice/hint ?
12-26-2022 10:21 AM
Welcome to the HP support community.
I am glad to assist you to fix the web service connection error on your printer.
How is the printer connected?
Meanwhile, follow these steps to fix the issue.
Turn On Web Services
- Make sure the printer is connected to a wired (Ethernet) or wireless network with an active internet connection.
- NOTE: If you connect your printer to a computer with a USB cable, web-connected printing services do not work.
- If your printer is connected with a wired (Ethernet) connection, check the cable and the lights on the printer’s Ethernet port. The green link light should be steady, and the orange activity light should blink when the cable is connected.
- If your printer is connected with a wireless connection, make sure the wireless feature is on and the printer is connected to the same network as your computer.
- Some printers have a wireless icon and a blue light on the front of the printer. If the printer has a blue light, and the light is on and not blinking, your printer is connected.
- On your control panel, press the HP ePrint icon.
- If your control panel does not have an HP ePrint icon, navigate to Web Services Setup, Network Setup, or Wireless Settings to open the Web Services menu.
- If a summary screen displays, Web Services is already on.
- If a prompt to turn on Web Services or set up HP ePrint displays, follow the prompts to turn it on or set it up.
- If you are prompted to update the firmware, press OK.
Refer to this HP document for more assistance:- Click here
Let me know how it goes.
If this helps, please mark the public post as an accepted solution so that it benefits several others.
I am an HP Employee
12-28-2022 05:13 PM - edited 12-28-2022 05:26 PM
Thank you for your fast reply and advice, I will copy/paste below the appropriate answers.
- Q: If your printer is connected with a wireless connection, make sure the wireless feature is on and the printer is connected to the same network as your computer.
- A: our HP Envy 4525 is connected on the same WiFi network than our desktop PC.
- Q: Some printers have a wireless icon and a blue light on the front of the printer. If the printer has a blue light, and the light is on and not blinking, your printer is connected.
- A: our printer has a blue light, and the light is on and not blinking -> "your printer is connected."
#3. We also did a "Factory Reset" of the printer, then set it up to connect again to our WiFi network successfully.
#4. Nevertheless on our HP Smart webpage "https://www.hpsmart.com/se/sv/ucde/print_plans", we get the identical message:
"Unable to connect to the printer now. Try again later.
Valid as of Dec 29, 2022 12:49 AM"
It is rather puzzling, what do you think should be our next step ?
Note: our current subscription plan is the "Plan FREE - for 15 pages per month".
Best regards and thank you again for your help.
12-29-2022 09:17 AM
This might require one on one interaction to fix the issue.
I am sending you a private message with the steps to talk to HP support.
Please check the mailbox icon at the top-right corner of this screen.
I hope this helps resolve this issue completely.
I am an HP Employee