Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Common problems for INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about Instant Ink. Check out this link: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER. .
HP Recommended
Office Jet Pro 6830
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I have a cartridge that doesn't print well. After online chat, Instant Ink folks sent me a new cartridge. I installed the new cartridge and got the message "Unexpected Instant Ink Cartridge" and the printer refuses to print. The old cartridge still works, still not well. New online chat and call to support were both sadly unhelpful. They did not seem to have a script for this problem.

It appears that HP Instant Ink system has to authenticate or tell the printer which individual cartirdges it is authorized to print with... and that didnt happen in this case.  I hope this posting leads to resolution as other customer support systems have failed.

Case number: [edit]

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

@Idler2

Greetings!

Welcome to the HP Community. This is a great place to get support, find answers and tips to your technical queries. I have reviewed your post and I understand, there's an issue with the ink cartridges.

Don't worry, I'm here to help! I have brought this to the attention of the concerned and they'll reach out to your through the Private Message.

Check next to your profile Name, you should see a little blue envelope, please click on it. Click here for more details on how to access the private messages on HP Forums.

Have a great day!

Asmita
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.