Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Common problems for INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about Instant Ink. Check out this link: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER. .
HP Recommended
3720 a all in one
Mac OS X 10.11 El Capitan

Ive inherited y mums printer it was chugging away quite nicely then all of sudden it said the cartridges can't be used because the printer isn't registered with instant ink,  so got an account and went to register with instant ink , it tells me I need a claim number and to print it out but the cartridges won't work as I'm not registered; so I can't print it out, is there another way to get a claim number or just join instant ink without a the free trail - Help!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

@Craftbear, Welcome to HP Support Community!

If the cartridges in the printer are from HP Instant Ink, they'd not work as the previous account might be suspended or obsolete.

I'd suggest you get a set of regular ink and print the claim code to re-register the printer.

I hope that answers your concern adequately. Let me know!

Please click “Accepted Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution. Click the “Kudos/Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

TEJ1602
I am an HP Employee

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

@Craftbear, Welcome to HP Support Community!

If the cartridges in the printer are from HP Instant Ink, they'd not work as the previous account might be suspended or obsolete.

I'd suggest you get a set of regular ink and print the claim code to re-register the printer.

I hope that answers your concern adequately. Let me know!

Please click “Accepted Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution. Click the “Kudos/Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

TEJ1602
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.