Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Common problems for INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about Instant Ink. Check out this link: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER. .
HP Recommended
HP ENVY PHOTO 6255
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

For the past month I have been unable to print anything with my HP ENVY PHOTO 6255 displaying the error "Remove and reinstall the indicated ink cartridge, making sure it is correctly installed". 

I've read through the very long HP support page on the issue and tried everything it has said, but I am still getting the error.

I am subscribed to HP Instant Ink, so I only ever use genuine HP ink cartridges in the printer.

I would be very grateful if an HP representative could reply to this thread so that I can get a replacement colour cartridge for the printer or fix this issue.

Many thanks,

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

Hi @Kevin134

Welcome to the HP Support Community. I'd be happy to assist you.

Which of the ink cartridges is defective?

You may insert one ink cartridge at a time and check for the defective ink cartridge.

As the issue is related to Instant ink cartridges, I need more information to help you out.

Since the instant ink account details are confidential, please send me the required information via private message.

I am sending you a private message with the information required.

Hope this helps! Keep me posted. 

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

Have a great day! 

KUMAR0307
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

It is the colored ink, the black and white one is perfectly fine but the colored will not let me print any colored items. 

HP Recommended

Thank you for the information. Not to worry, I have shipped a replacement color ink cartridge with express shipping. It will be delivered in 3-4 business days.

Please click “Accept as Solution” on my Public post if the issue is resolved, it will help others find the solution. Click the “Kudos/Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

KUMAR0307
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Hi again @Kumar0307 Thank you for this it truly means a lot. I do believe this might fix the problem however I feel there might still be an issue, allow me to explain. When i first got my printer it came with 2 free default inks one colored and one black and white ink. They both worked fine but over some time weeks to a few months the colored was having this issue where it would say "Remove and reinstall the indicated ink cartridge, making sure it is correctly installed". The first time it happened I simply did what it said and removed it and placed it back in and it fixed the solution. However as mentioned over time it kept saying it over and over again, after time passed there was a  point where removing it and putting it back in didn't work anymore and it just kept saying that issue. After this I started instant ink and received my shipment for color and black and white. I replaced both cartridges and the problem seemed to be solved with no issues. However once again just like before over time the issue started again with the colored ink and just like the old cartridges I had I removed the colored ink and placed it back and it fixed the issue for now and over time the issue kept coming back and eventually be a permanent problem where removing it and placing it back in would fix it anymore. So what I am trying to say is once I receive the replacement cartridge you sent me and replace the old one and if this issue happens yet again what are my options here and where should I go from here.

Thank you

HP Recommended

@Kevin134

I understand your concern as this has been a repetitive issue. If the issue persists, the issue could be with the printer itself. You may contact the HP Support in your region regarding the service options for your printer. 

Keep me posted for any other assistance.

Please click “Accept as Solution” on my Public post if the issue is resolved, it will help others find the solution. Click the “Kudos/Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping

KUMAR0307
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.