Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Common problems for INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about Instant Ink. Check out this link: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER. .
HP Recommended
HP5255
Unknown

I do not understand this hp instant ink plan

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

If your printer is properly connected to the internet it will automatically order ink as needed.  The system aims to have a two month supply of ink on hand, based on your printing levels.  For example, if you have the 100 page/month plan the system would automatically ship ink if you got below 200 pages.

If you use significantly more pages than your plan allows it may make sense to upgrade to a larger plan.  HP currently offers plans at 15 (free), 50, 100, 300 and 700 pages per month.  For plans other than the 15 page/month free plan the unused pages can be rolled over for up to two months.   If you consistently exceed your plan usage it may be more cost effective to upgrade to a higher plan.

Note that if you have the 15 page/month free plan and you upgrade to a paid plan you cannot return to the 15 page/month plan at a later time.

I would suggest you carefully read the terms of service and ask questions for any items you do not understand.  See https://instantink.hpconnected.com/us/en/terms

The most common misunderstanding seems to be around the cartridges.  The Instant Ink cartridges are provided as part of the service. If your account is canceled the cartridges need to be returned to HP as they will no longer work after the service is canceled.  At that time you would need to replace the cartridges with retail cartridges.

Bob Headrick,  HP Expert

I am not an employee of HP, I am a volunteer posting here on my own time.

If your problem is solved please click the "Accept as Solution" button 

If my answer was helpful please click "Yes" to the "Was this post helpful" question.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.