cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Common problems for INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about Instant Ink. Check out this link: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER. .
sowfullyliving
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post

why did you discontinue instant ink for HP officejet 8040???

HP Recommended
hp officejet 8040
macOS 10.13 High Sierra

My son is diagnosed with autism and his therapies require a lot of printing.  We chose HP Instant Ink as a no-brainer to automize as much as possible to spend our time wisely.  own several HP products [laptops, printers, peripherals] for the last 20 years.  Discontinuing the ink for this particular model is really offsetting. IT'S A GREAT PRINTER!!!! So good, I purchased another.  And now this great printer is a big paperweight.  What kind of decision was this in a pandemic when schoolchildren are sheltered doing work along with their parents???? This is HORRIBLE. I was told like a Seinfeld episode - NO INK FOR YOU!  And did you believe that we would go back to buying $30 tri-color cartridges??? No. I will not replace this HP with another that accepts instant ink.  I will simply write this and move on to a company that values respects and honors its word.  You promised "free ink for life" -  False.  You committed and promised "never buy ink again in a retail store" - False.  And finally - you did this during a global pandemic. Out of respect for my son, will we remain an HP family? False.  Shame on you. 

1 REPLY 1
TEJ1602
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
18,783 18,760 1,541 1,515
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@sowfullyliving, Welcome to HP Support Community!

I have brought your issue to the attention of an appropriate team within HP. They will likely request information from you in order to look up your case details or product serial number. Please look for a private message from an identified HP contact. Additionally, keep in mind not to publicly post personal information (serial numbers and case details). 

If you are unfamiliar with how the Forum's private message capability works, you can learn about that here.

Thank you for visiting the HP Support Community. 

TEJ1602
I am an HP Employee

Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation