Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Common problems for INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about Instant Ink. Check out this link: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER. .
HP Recommended
HP ENVY 5530 printer
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I'm trying to disconnect my HP ENVY 5530 printer from the HP Instant ink program.

And connect to my Dell laptop - wirelessly

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Hi @Stumax72,

I'd like to help!

You can cancel enrollment in HP Instant Ink at any time without penalty. Before you cancel the service, read the following information carefully:

• HP Instant Ink cartridges do not work after the end of your current billing period, and you are required to return them to HP. To continue printing after your billing cycle ends, make sure you have standard replacement ink cartridges ready to use in your printer.

If you do not have the postage-paid envelope provided by HP, go to Recycle HP Instant Ink Cartridges to order an envelope.*

• There is no pro-rated reimbursement for the remainder of your billing period.

• Your service continues until the end of your current billing period.

• If there are any charges for additional printing, your credit card will be charged. Depending on when you cancel, the charge might appear the following month.

*Cartridge recycling is not available in Italy. Follow local regulations to dispose of cartridges responsibly.

NOTE: 

Your HP Instant Ink service cannot be placed on hold. If you must be away for an extended period of time and do not want to be charged for the HP Instant Ink service during that time, you need to cancel the service and then re-enroll when desired. If you cancel your account and re-enroll, all free promotional months and rollover pages are forfeit, even if you re-enroll.

Cancel your HP Instant Ink service

Use your HP Instant Ink account to cancel your HP Instant Ink service.

1. Sign in to hpinstantink.com/signin.

Your HP Instant Ink account page opens.

2. In the Status area of your HP Instant Ink account page, a printer drop-down menu is available when there are multiple printers enrolled. Click the drop-down menu, and then select the printer you want to cancel.

Clicking printer drop-down list

3. Check the Print History or the HP ePrint address of the printer to confirm you have selected the correct printer.

4. Click My Account, and then click Account Settings.

5. Click Cancel my HP Instant Ink Subscription.

You receive an email confirmation of the cancellation. The cancellation finalizes at the end of the current billing cycle when the final charge processes successfully

Hope this helps! Keep me posted. 

And, Welcome to the HP Support Community. 

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.