• post a message
Highlighted
3 2 0 0
Message 1 of 7
Flag Post

Zoom v5.0 update package wants sudo password

HP Recommended
Linux

The zoom client prompted for an update to v5.0 today; I downloaded the package and the package prompts for the sudo password.  Any idea how to get the new version of zoom installed?

Tags (1)
6 REPLIES 6
Highlighted
Level 12
7,692 7,654 327 686
Message 2 of 7
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi

Yes, type in the password.

SUDO  is the root owner of the system.

They type in their password.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Author
3 2 0 0
Message 3 of 7
Flag Post
HP Recommended

problem is, the HP Refresh install does not provide the sudo password.  Any idea how to obtain or set the sudo password with the HP Refresh "OS" ?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 12
7,692 7,654 327 686
Message 4 of 7
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi

Nope.

I did an internet search for "HP Refresh OS" and NADA.

T & C's prohibit giving out "password help".

4d. No posts shall include instructions or directions intended to bypass or subvert security measures, including passwords, locking mechanisms, fingerprint scans, etc., or to bypass any safety measures.

If you would like help resetting the password on your product, please Contact HP support in your region.
https://www8.hp.com/us/en/contact-hp/ww-contact-us.html

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Author
3 2 0 0
Message 5 of 7
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Perhaps it will be better if I re-state my problem/request:

Can anyone on this forum provide a step-by-step process for upgrading Zoom to at least v5.0 on a PC running the HP Refresh "OS"?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 12
7,692 7,654 327 686
Message 6 of 7
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi

Yes it would, since the HP Refresh program is closed.

"" Actually, "HP Refresh" is a new program that HP just launched to support High-School students, donating Laptops for them to use for their online/virtual classes, during this pandemic times.

This board was supposed to be closed for the students who received these Laptops. They will have a direct link to post messages/questions in there and get support from a specific group of people here in HP. ""

So that answers your question, ask the people who you are supposed to ask, because we mere mortals (volunteers) are excluded from such knowledge and access. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 1
Level 1
8 6 0 0
Message 7 of 7
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Zoom upgraded their infrastructure and requires the client application to be upgraded to version 5.0 or higher.   We have identified an issue with the client application upgrade on HP Refresh and we are working to resolve the issue.  As a workaround, you should select “Join from browser option”.

LaserSharp_0-1591647233347.jpeg

I am an HP employee.
0 Kudos
Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation