Post new question
Question

Student
Message 1 of 6 (1,380 Views)

3DConnexion problems HP Remote Graphics Software

[ Edited ]
Product Name: HP Remote Graphics Software
Operating System: Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

Hi, I installed HP RGS on two computers for a client because they want to work remote at home and want to use 3D mouses.

Read a lot on forums and saw that for this situation the HP RGS was recommended because if the Remote USB function.

The remote part of the software works perfecly, but I can't get the mouses to work.

Both users have workstation computers from lenovo which meets the requirement that is listet.

Here is a list on the equipment they have.

- Windows 7 x64 pc.

- i7 cpu.

- Minimum 8GB of ram.

- 3DConnexion SpaceMouse and SpaceNavigator(both wireless), but have tested with SpaceMouse Pro with cable.

I have tested back and forth with settings, but the mouses still do not work.

Is there a requirement that I have not seen or is there something I can try?

Best regards,

Henning Langheim

Intern
Message 2 of 6 (878 Views)

Re: 3DConnexion problems HP Remote Graphics Software

3D Space Mice should work with HP RGS.  Be sure that the drivers for the SpaceMouse are installed on the remote RGS sender workstation.  If you are still not having luck, I would recomend contacting HP support. They may ask you to reproduce the issue on HP Z Workstations as RGS senders. 

Honor Student
Message 3 of 6 (830 Views)

Does the driver version have to be identical for it to work?

My RGS version is 10.2.3 (runs on Win 8.1 E), my Local version is 10.4.5 (runs on Win7 E).

Both drivers are 3DxWare 10 (64-bit).

Intern
Message 4 of 6 (824 Views)

I'm not sure if they have to be identical, but it may be worth trying.  You need the driver on the RGS sender system so that when the USB device is remoted it is recognized by that system. 

Another test is to plug the space mouse into the RGS sender system directly (without RGS involved) and ensure that it works properly. It sounds like you may have done this but it was not clear.

Also, the most current version of HP RGS is 7.2.4 (as of this posting) so perhaps you meant the 3DxWare driver version is 10.2.3 and 10.4.5, not the RGS version.

Honor Student
Message 5 of 6 (819 Views)

Yes, the versions I was talking about was for the 3DxWare drivers.

The RGS versions Sender/Receiver are 6.0.3.2897/7.0.2.4944 respectively.

Everything works but the SpaceExplorer.

The Senders physical location in the world is unclear to me, so direct connection is not an option I can try.

My administrative rights are also quite limited, especially on the Sender, but it has the "enable remote USB" box checked.

How do I check that setting on the receiver? I have not found that so far.

Student
Message 6 of 6 (796 Views)

Hello! I'm stuck I don't have a recover disc for my HP 250 G3 Notebook.. Product number K7H85EA#ACQ please help my PC has crushed the sustem... windows 8.1
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation