Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended
HP Remote Graphics Software
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I have HP RGS installed on a HP Z440 Workstation and connect to it remotely from a HP Elitebook 840 on the same LAN. Both computers run Windows 10 (64-bit) and Remote graphics version 7.4 64-bit. The whole setup works perfect to have the 3D-CAD performance of the workstation and the mobility of the laptop, but I have an issue with my 3dconnexion SpaceMouse Pro.

I have installed the latest 3DxWare software (version 10.5.5) on both computers and the 3D-movement of the mouse work perfect. The issue I have is with Keyboard keys (like CTRL, ALT and SHIFT but also Character Keys) mapped to the SpaceMouse buttons. They don't function when I work remotely but when I work locally (both on laptop and workstation) there's no issue . When I assign other non-Keyboard functions to the same SpaceMouse buttons they function correct so the physical buttons on the SpaceMouse are okay.

The issue is only with Keyboard keys mapped to any SpaceMouse buttons and only when working remote. It also doesn't matter if you assign the 3DxWare built in keyboard functions or create macro's for them. As soon as you try to map a keyboard function it doesn't work via remote.

Regards,

Hans Theeuwen

7 REPLIES 7
HP Recommended

It seems the problem is with the 3DxWare drivers. I went back to an old 3DxSoftware version 3.18.0 and now the keyboard functions also work remote. The old 3DxSoftware is not as nice as the new 3DxWare but the keyboard functions are more important for me so I will stay with th eold drivers as long as they work.

Regards,

Hans Theeuwen

HP Recommended

We do some testing with the SpaceMouse, but not sure if we actually map any keys.  Let me see if this can be reproduced since you have provided us with your setup. 

I work on the behalf of HP.

I am an HP employee.
HP Recommended

Just to update, I did find out that the modifier keys (Ctrl Alt Shift) do not work in RGS.  However, we are interested in knowing if you still have issues with character keys and which keys.  I see you mentioned that rolling back to old drivers worked for you.  I will pass that along to RGS QA.  We were blocked on a fix for the modifier keys thus the reason for no fixes.

I am an HP employee.
HP Recommended

Since I have rolled back to the old drivers I don't have any issues with the keys anymore. But the keys I tried and didn't work when I had the latest drivers installed were the letter a and the dot.

HP Recommended

Could you provide us with the driver version that did not work for you, and the one that does?  Would like to do some testing since you had problems with keys that we do support working on the new driver.  That also may help us fix the modifier keys as well.  Thanks!

I work on the behalf of HP.

I am an HP employee.
HP Recommended

The driver software that did not work was 3DxWare 10 for Windows (64-bit) Version 10.5.5-r2759

The driver software that does work is 3DxSoftware (64-bit edition) version 3.18.0-r1786

Last week 3DConnexion released a new version 10.5.6 but I didn't test that yet.

HP Recommended

Thank you!  I will make sure we also test the latest release driver.

I am an HP employee.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.