Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended
z840
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi;

I am having a problem on the reciever end where it fails to authenticate on the sender side unless someone manually checks the allow user bok and hits OK. This is forcing me to teamview into the remote workstation to authenticate the reciever login.

Wondering if this is because there is a user logged into the workstation (I always leave the remote workstation ON and am always logged in)  Would logging out the user solve this problem?

I have the Settings > Connection > Sender verification > Certificate Verfication Failure Policy > set to:  "Automatically Accept"

Is that just the authorizing the certificate or does it pertain to the user?

HP z840

windows 10  64 bit  v1809

Nvidia RTX 2080 TI   with latest driver 419.17

HP RGS Sender Version  7.6.0  18584  ( reciever is also 7.6)

Also have low fps  (varies between 2 - 30  and is inconsistent in maintaing 30 fps) - really want to achieve 60 fps -

I have specified :

Image Quality of 50 in HP RGS UI

and the following in rgreceiverconfig.txt

## The lowest image quality applied to images to maintain
## the minimum update rate.
# Rgreceiver.Experience.MinImageQuality=20
Rgreceiver.Experience.MinImageQuality=10

## Update rate threshold to begin adjusting image quality.
## Rgreceiver.Experience.MinUpdateRate=30
Rgreceiver.Experience.MinUpdateRate=60

i am running this thru a VPN  (  OpenVPN  2.4.7 ) on an ASUS RT-AC66R router using merlin firmware which is Port Forwarding to the HP z840  IP.   

BTW - can't use  Advanced video compression on sender due to the fact that it initiates the connection - blacks out the screen and stalls at "establishing connection"

Thanks - Any Help or advice appreciated.  Trying to get a proof of concept established.

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

If you are always leaving the system logged into, you should be able to log in with the same credentials without issue.  If you are creating a session as a different user, then RGS would think someone else is already logged in, and thinking you are trying to collaborate.  You can change the collaboration property on the rgsenderconfig file to allow collaborators without having to acknowledge them.

## Allow authenticated collaborators to connect without prompting for
## authorization.
Rgsender.Collaboration.AlwaysAcceptCollaborators=1

Make sure to restart the sender service for the change to take effect.

The automatically accept that you are referring to, is for the certifcate that pops up when making an initial connection to a sender. 

I work on the behalf of HP.

I am an HP employee.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.