Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended
HP Z820
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi

We have upgraded our Workstations to Window 10 build 1709, 1803 and 1903, but after we did this upgrade none of our workstation with Nvidia Quadro 5000 cards will work with HP Velocity activated, they work with the "Advanced Graphics Compression activated, but then it have a really low FPS (Between 12 and 18), we also have the same workstations running on Nvidia Quadro K5000, and they have no issues at all. 

NVidia Quadro 5000 runs on driver 377.83 (latest driver available) 

We are running this on HP RGS 7.7.0.20876

When I run the log, I do not get any error, since when I connect with HP Velocity activated it just times out after a while.

We have tried to run this on Win10 build 1703, and there it works, but since we need to upgrade to at least 1709 we need to have this working, please assist

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

Pretty sure we used 7.3 to get the old quadro cards working, they are quite old now.

Potentially 7.7 only works with newer drivers, worth checking the documentation on that one.

HP Recommended

We thought so to, so we tried to downgrade the HP RGS, but still the same issues.

It seems to be an issue with the different Windows versions, and not the HP RGS versions.

We got everything working on Win10 1703, but any newer than this it is not working.

I hope someone might have had this issue and have a solution.

HP Recommended

Hi, I see you probably have a Norwegian letter ø in your username, and I suspect the recent version of RGS is not handling these non-standard letters correctly. I have successfully ran RGS earlier with a username with ø, but not with the latest version of RGS.

Kolbjørn

HP Recommended

We have done a lot of testing and experimenting with setup for our workstations and HP RGS.

We have a few different types of machines, and a few different GPU setups. 

First we had a lot of issues when we installed Windows 10 v1803 and v1903 on workstations with older Graphics Card (Quadro 5000)

We found out that the combination of a HP z820 with Quad 5000 could not support Win10 v1709 and newer, only working version was v1703.

Any newer version must run on a machine with at least Quadro K5000 Graphics Card.

We also run a policy of not using any nordic letters in our usernames since we are a international company, so we eliminated any issues regarding non-standard lettering.

We also try to downgrade HP RGS versions from 7.5.1 and up to 7.7.0 running on different versions of NVIDIA drivers as well, but still same results.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.