Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended
HP RGS 7.5.0.15654 64bit
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Continual 20ish FPS when using advanced video compression, nothing is changing but fps is continually at 20/21 and 1.2mbit/s

If I reconnect with this setting off the fps is 0 unless something is changing.

We were having this problem with HP RGS 7.3.3, have upgraded a machine to the 64bit version of 7.5 and we still have the same issue.

Local laptop is a dell m5520 and the remote sender is a Dell r7610, both sender and receiver are now 7.5 with previous installs of 32bit 7.3.3.

This causes issues when users work from home as often their bandwidth cannot handle the continual network speed or in one case it went over their allowance.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Update on expected behavior when using RGS Advanced Video Compressions (AVC):  AVC will continue to push FPS consistently even if nothing is changing.  However, the bandwidth should reduce over time to a lower boundary but sometimes it does not always do this.  This is an issue in the codec implementation and not in the RGS code itself.  This is being looked at but not until a later release of RGS.  You can try reducing the quality of the image.  Given no changes, AVC should use the frame to cleanup to a better quality and this may reduce your overall bandwidth usage.  You can have the user change their Image Quality via the RGS Receiver GUI under the Performance tab, and adjust the slider. 

I work on the behalf of HP.

I am an HP employee.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

Hi Craig,

Let me take a look at 7.5 and see if anything has been reported on this.  Will reach out if I need any more information.

I am an HP employee.
HP Recommended

Update on expected behavior when using RGS Advanced Video Compressions (AVC):  AVC will continue to push FPS consistently even if nothing is changing.  However, the bandwidth should reduce over time to a lower boundary but sometimes it does not always do this.  This is an issue in the codec implementation and not in the RGS code itself.  This is being looked at but not until a later release of RGS.  You can try reducing the quality of the image.  Given no changes, AVC should use the frame to cleanup to a better quality and this may reduce your overall bandwidth usage.  You can have the user change their Image Quality via the RGS Receiver GUI under the Performance tab, and adjust the slider. 

I am an HP employee.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.