Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended
HP Z Workstations
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

We have 2 recently aquired HP Z series workstations.

New Z 240 with i7/16gb/500gbSSD/NVIDIA® Quadro® P2000 (5 GB, 4 DisplayPort, PCIe)

Used Z 220 with i7/16GB/500gbSSD/NVIDIA Quadro 4000 2GB GDDR5; 2x Display-Port; 1x DVI

Both have Win 10 Pro with current updates.

Both have RGS Sender:

RGS_Windows_64_Sender_and_Receiver_v7.5_L25789-001

We are attempting to access these via 27" iMacs with attached second displays. The iMacs are all running OS 10.12.x and have machine IDs of iMac15,1 iMac17,1 or iMac18,3. All have 16 gb of ram or more and SSD storage. The second displays are al running at 1920x1200 with a vertical orientation.

RGS Receiver is:

RGS_Mac_Receiver_v7.5_L25796-001

Based on the documentation we thought when we access the HP Z machine we would by default get a connection where the Z system would operate as if connected to dual displays with a resolution of 2560x1440 and 1920x1200. What we get is a single window with the Windows PC assuming a resolution of 1680x1050.

How do we get the Macs to operate as so that the HP Z computer use both displays on the Macs at full resolution?

6 REPLIES 6
HP Recommended

Looks like you're seeing the same issue I am, can you confirm?

https://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/HP-Remote-Graphics-Software-RGS/Does-HP-RGS-Receiver-for-Mac-OS-X-supp...

Thanks,

D.

HP Recommended

Appears to be so. I have an open support ticket with HP. The 12 hour or more turn around for replies is getting old. Apparently Mac receivers put you into T2 directly. But they then kick all questions to development and act as a middle man.

HP Recommended

I have seen your support case, and provided what we currently have available for RGS and dual display to 2LS support.  Unfortunately we don't have the best support for this currently in RGS.  I did reply to DanielM73's post. 

I work on the behalf of HP.

I am an HP employee.
HP Recommended

In response to your private message. No resulution yet.

(I don't see a way to reply to that private message.)

HP Recommended

On Oct 1, Eric S asked me for more details. I provided them that day. I've not heard back yet.

Can we return the workstation?

HP Recommended

Hello, I did reach out to Eric to see if he had responded yet with what I had given him.  He said he was doing some testing to see if he could get what you asked to work with an EDID file.  However, let me reach out to you on a PM. 

I work on the behalf of HP.

I am an HP employee.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.