Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended
HP Z8
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I can not connect to the RGS sender after activating the velocity switch.

Without velocity I have no problem but after activating velocity I only get on the receiver side

"Establishing connection..." and nothing happens. 

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Are you using a VPN?  We are having a few issues with HP Velocity and VPNs.  That is being worked on but it does cause connection issues with quite a few VPNs. 

I work on the behalf of HP.

I am an HP employee.
HP Recommended

it is no difference between VPN or same network.

I am using HP RG Receiver version 7.4.0.13800

HP Recommended

Are you able to ping the sender from your receiver?  In your original post, you mentioned that you could connect without HP Velocity enabled.  Once enabled, to disable it you need to uncheck it in the receiver GUI.  Have you verified that the Remote Graphics sender service is running?   In order to better troubleshoot, make sure you systems are in DEBUG mode.  You can do this for the receiver in the GUI under logging. Close the receiver, and go to C:\Users\username\hpremote\rgreceiver and rename the rg.log.  Restart the receiver. 

To do this for the sender, use the SenderConfigApp.exe which is located in the directory where RGS is installed.  Stop the sender service, and in the folder that RGS is installed, rename the rg.log.  Restart the sender service after making changes to have this change take effect.  Make sure both sender and receiver are in sync with time and date.  Try connecting again. 

If you are able to reproduce behavior, run the RGSbugreport that is located in the directory where both the sender and receiver is installed.  This report produces a text file output.  The reports can be located by typing %TEMP%\rgs and enter. 

These reports are helpful in troubleshooting.  If you would like to have me review them,  reach out to me in a private email.

The rgsendersvc.log is also helpful.

I work on the behalf of HP.

I am an HP employee.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.