Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended
HP Z440
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

After getting connection with a HP RGS Sender Workstation i get a black sreen. Nothing else.  HP RGS Sender Workstations are HP Z440 , WINDOWS 10 1803 ( Build 171344.619).  Graphicscard  NVIDIA P600. If i change setting "preffered display methods" from "GPU" to "Comparitron", i get the Login windows and i can login . We use  HP RGS 7.5 Sender. Uninstallation und and new installation of HP RGS Sender didn't solve the problem.  This problem exists since installation of  Microsoft Patches. Is anything known about this issue ? Thanks.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Have you tried updating your graphic driver?  We have two properties that may help with this issue as well. 

## Enable enhanced RGS resolution matching for Windows systems with Nvidia graphics.
## Valid settings are on, off, and auto.
# Rgsender.Compatibility.Displays.AllowNvidiaResolutionMatching=auto

Remove # and change to "on". 

##For Windows-based senders with NVIDIA graphics only.
## When enabled, RGS Sender attempts to load an EDID if the system is determined to have no
## physical displays attached.  The Sender must not have any physical displays connected when
## the Sender service starts otherwise the system will not be considered headless, and no EDID
## will be loaded.  This EDID will remain loaded until the property is disabled, and the RGS Sender
## service is restarted.
# Rgsender.Compatibility.Displays.ForceEdidOnHeadless=0

Remove # and change to 1

After saving changes, make sure to stop and restart the sender service to make sure changes take effect.  If using the second property, make sure the system does not have a monitor attached when rebooting system, otherwise, the EDID file will not load. 

I work on the behalf of HP.

I am an HP employee.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

Workstations are running without attached Monitor.  With the

@HA02 wrote:

After getting connection with a HP RGS Sender Workstation i get a black sreen. Nothing else.  HP RGS Sender Workstations are HP Z440 , WINDOWS 10 1803 ( Build 171344.619).  Graphicscard  NVIDIA P600. If i change setting "preffered display methods" from "GPU" to "Comparitron", i get the Login windows and i can login . We use  HP RGS 7.5 Sender. Uninstallation und and new installation of HP RGS Sender didn't solve the problem.  This problem exists since installation of  Microsoft Patches. Is anything known about this issue ? Thanks.

Updates the EDID Information got obviously lost. Attaching a Monitor and adding a new EDID File solved the Problem !

@HA02 wrote:

HP Recommended

Have you tried updating your graphic driver?  We have two properties that may help with this issue as well. 

## Enable enhanced RGS resolution matching for Windows systems with Nvidia graphics.
## Valid settings are on, off, and auto.
# Rgsender.Compatibility.Displays.AllowNvidiaResolutionMatching=auto

Remove # and change to "on". 

##For Windows-based senders with NVIDIA graphics only.
## When enabled, RGS Sender attempts to load an EDID if the system is determined to have no
## physical displays attached.  The Sender must not have any physical displays connected when
## the Sender service starts otherwise the system will not be considered headless, and no EDID
## will be loaded.  This EDID will remain loaded until the property is disabled, and the RGS Sender
## service is restarted.
# Rgsender.Compatibility.Displays.ForceEdidOnHeadless=0

Remove # and change to 1

After saving changes, make sure to stop and restart the sender service to make sure changes take effect.  If using the second property, make sure the system does not have a monitor attached when rebooting system, otherwise, the EDID file will not load. 

I work on the behalf of HP.

I am an HP employee.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.