Post new question
Question

Honor Student
Message 1 of 6 (993 Views)

HP RGS Username and Password

Product Name: HP RGS
Operating System: Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

Hi There

I have installed three files on my laptop HP RGS Sender, Receiver and Settings. On the other computer I only have Receiver.

Everything works fine until it asks me for my Username and Password. I have no idea how to access that information. It isn't my HP Account information and there is no promt for such in the installation process. I haven't identified an answer from the manual.

Please let me know how to access this information.

Best 

Devin du Plessis

Intern
Message 2 of 6 (915 Views)

Re: HP RGS Username and Password

The username and password that HP RGS is asking for is the username and password for the remote computer you are trying to access with HP RGS.  RGS asks for the user name and password so it knows what Windows (or Linux) account to log you into.  It needs to know this to prove you have access to that machine, and to keep track of collaborators if multiple people need to connect.

Student
Message 3 of 6 (906 Views)

I can't get passed my password i need help pleae
Intern
Message 4 of 6 (893 Views)

Budachris420,

1. Do you know your usernamd and password for the sender system (the Windows or Linux system you want to gain access to?).  Note that the sender system must have a password setup.

2. Is the HP RGS receiver asking for you to enter the user name and password?

Honor Student
Message 5 of 6 (881 Views)

According to the manual the user name for Admin is Administrator and the password is also Administrator as a preset. The User's username and password is User. I haven't tried it yet though.

Highlighted
Honor Student
Message 6 of 6 (879 Views)

Thanks for trying man but please don't offer advice on forums unless you have specific answers to problems. According to the manual the user name for Admin is Administrator and the password is also Administrator as a preset. The User's username and password is User.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation