Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended
HP RGS
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

Hi There

I have installed three files on my laptop HP RGS Sender, Receiver and Settings. On the other computer I only have Receiver.

Everything works fine until it asks me for my Username and Password. I have no idea how to access that information. It isn't my HP Account information and there is no promt for such in the installation process. I haven't identified an answer from the manual.

Please let me know how to access this information.

Best 

Devin du Plessis

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

I have the same issue! Anyone have an answer?

HP Recommended

It is looking for your Windows log in information.  So for instance, my user name might be Sally on my computer as a user, and then my password for logging into the desktop.  There are also different means of authentication for RGS.  What version of RGS are you using?

I am an HP employee.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.