Post new question
Question

Student
Message 1 of 5 (1,226 Views)

HP RGS not accepting CTRL-ALT_DEL

I'm running HP RGS 7.0.2.4944 on Win 7 laptop and workstation. Software installed successfully but when I use the receiver to connect to the sender I am able to establish the connection but when I sned the CTRL-ALT-DEL command to the remote workstation in the RGS window there is no change on the remote screen. No login prompt.

In the attached log file there is a reference to the following error

WinSystemHardwareInfo::setupWmi: ReleaseMutex() failed.

Any ideas on what is the cause of this error?

0 Kudos
Student
Message 2 of 5 (1,160 Views)

Re: HP RGS not accepting CTRL-ALT_DEL

You should be able to send ctrl-alt-del via the menu bar at the top of the session window. Also ctrl-alt-del will result in this being passed on to the remote session as ctrl-alt-del.
Honor Student
Message 3 of 5 (1,137 Views)

Sorry I intended to say: Also ctrl-alt-End will result in ctrl-alt-del being passed on to the remote session. 

Also I have attached a screen shot showing the menu bar.

Press the C A D button next to the settings gear icon to send a Ctrl-Alt-Del to the RGS session.

Honor Student
Message 4 of 5 (836 Views)

Hello together,

I am having the same problem, neither CTRL-ALT-END nor CAD-Button will be passed to the remote session. The Hotkey-Behaviour "Send CTRL-ALT-END key sequence as CTRL-ALT-DEL" is activated. Do I have to set some other configurations?

Any help is appreciated. Thanks in advance.

I am using version 7.1.0.5856 on both, receiver (HP Z Book) and sender (HP Z800).

Highlighted
Honor Student
Message 5 of 5 (829 Views)

Hi again,

just resolved the problem by myself:

By connecting to the Sender by Teamviewer, the registry key below is deleted. After adding it manually again, the sequence / CAD-button was accepted again.

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\System] "SoftwareSASGeneration"=dword:00000003

Regards

Hias

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation