Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended
HP RGS 7.6.1
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello,

I was troubleshooting some display issues and was trying to re-install the software but I keep getting this message when I try to run the installer:

"You have not rebooted since the last time you installed/uninstalled RGS Sender, but a driver installation took place. A restart is necessary to complete the previous step."

I've tried installing legacy versions and the same thing pops up. Of course I have rebooted many times.

Any insight?

thanks.

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

And yes, I have tried running the "rgsCleanInstallFiles" file. Right Click-->run as administrator. I get a cmd window that pops up for half a second. It's hard to read since it flashes so quickly but it says something about not being able to find a registry key or value.

HP Recommended

The software is currently not installed on my machine since I had to force uninstall it.  (the reason for uninstalling it was display issues that would occur while using the software, so I was trying to troubleshoot that problem)

So the process of getting it back on is what I am dealing with. And now I have this software which has been paid for and unable to be used. My next step is a complete reinstall of the windows operating system. Pretty ridiculous.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.