Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended
HP Z840 and HP T730 Thin Client (Win 10 )
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Anybody using a 3DConnextion CAD Mouse with RGS 7.5.1 and having issues with the pie menu buttons not functioning? 

I have tried the 3DConnextion software installed on both sender and reciever. Currently its only installed on the sender and the SpaceMouse Wireless still works fine.

I also have a CAD Mouse wireless and it does't work at all with RGS.

I have a SpaceMouse Wireless and it works fine (have to unplug and plug the USB reciever in at the start of every session).

11 REPLIES 11
HP Recommended

When using a USB device  such as the USB receiver, when making an RGS connection with the device plugged in, it will not redirect the device but keep it local.  Unplugging it and plugging it back in after the connection will then cause the device to be redirected.  On Window systems, you can change the behavior of this in RGS.  What is the model number of the CAD Mouse that is not working for you?  What hardware (make and model) is your sender and receiver?  What OS are you using on each? 

Remote USB (Windows/ThinPro only)
Remote USB allows a receiver’s physically-attached USB devices to be virtually attached (mounted) to the sender. This gives the sender direct access to the USB devices, as if the devices were physically attached to it.
See the following list for information about Remote USB support:
●     The sender must be Windows-based.
●     The receiver can be either Windows-based or ThinPro-based.
●     A receiver’s physically-attached USB devices can be collectively attached to a single sender.
The devices cannot be split between multiple senders, nor can they be collectively attached to multiple senders.
●     RGS supports all four USB data transfer types (bulk, isochronous, interrupt, and control).
●     USB devices that adhere to the USB 1.x or 2.x standard should work. However, webcams and devices that are sensitive to timing might experience decreased performance, or they might not function at all. HP recommends thoroughly testing any USB device intended for use with RGS.
●     USB 1.x and USB 2.x devices are supported on USB 3.x ports, but USB 3.x devices are not supported.
●     File copies might take longer due to the additional overhead of the network protocol on top of the USB protocol.

Configuring the remoting behavior of individual USB devices (Windows only)
The remoting behavior for individual USB devices can be altered from what was set globally during installation.

IMPORTANT:    This configuration requires modifications to the Windows registry. Registry modifications should be made with extreme caution, and you should always make a backup of the registry prior to making any changes.

To configure the remoting behavior of a USB device:
1.       Find the vendor ID and device ID for the USB device (see Determining USB device  information (Windows)  on page 51).
2.       Open the Registry Editor and create the following registry key:
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\hprpusbh\Parameters\Device
3.       Create the following registry key:
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\hprpusbh\Parameters\Device VID_VendorID&PID_ProductID
4.       For the key you just created, create a string value named Mode.
5.       Set the value of Mode to auto, local, or remote.

NOTE:     If set to auto, the USB device switches its mounted location between the sender and the receiver at the start and end of an RGS connection respectively. If set to remote, you must physically disconnect the USB device from the receiver after the RGS session ends and then reconnect the USB device for it to be usable on the receiver.

I am an HP employee.
HP Recommended

Sender: HP Z840   Product# F5G37AV OS: Win 10 Enterprise 1607

Receiver: HP T730 Thin client Product# P3S26AT#ABA OS: Win 10 IOT Enterprise

CAD Mouse Model P/N: 3DX-600050 PID: G1017291454 (Navigation works but pie menus and custom button profiles do not)

CAD Mouse Wireless Model P/N: 3DX-6000054 PID: T1017351315 (after plugging the reciever in after the session start mouse is completly unresposive).

SpaceMouse Wireless uses the same reciever and is fine. I have also tried the reciever without the SpaceMouse Wireless and only the CAD Mouse Wireless had had no luck. The CAD Mouse Wireless navigation works when I use the micro USB connection but then has the same problem that the other CAD Mouse (wired) has when connected.

HP Recommended

Forgot to ask you, what driver version are you using from 3DConnexion?  There were some issues with some functions/keys not working correctly with a certain driver.  This was with the SpaceMouse wireless device.  Rolling to a different version fixed those issues.  I will see if we have the CAD mouse you are using now that I have a model number.

Thanks!

I work on the behalf of HP.

I am an HP employee.
HP Recommended

Thanks for all your help on both my issues. Super nice to have a responsive person!

3DxWare Version 10.5.11

3dxWinCore 17.5.11.15451

Universal Receiver (FW: 1.02)

HP Recommended

I was unable to locate the models of the CadMouse you are referring to.  Looks as though there is a newer version of both.  Have you tried different drivers?  We had users on the forum that reported custom keys started working after they tried different drivers on the SpaceMouse.  I know this is the CadMouse but maybe worth a try with the wired CadMouse.  If you connect either mouse directly to the sender, does it see them?  Do they both report locally to the receiver?  I would need to order the new versions in order to replicate your issue and see if we can get them both working. 

I am an HP employee.
HP Recommended

Hello,

I tried the newer driver version. and there was no change.  Maybe I'll go back and try some of the older drivers and see if they work for both devices.

Yes, the receiver see both the CadMouse and the SpaceMouse.

I'll keep trying different drivers and see if any of them work with the wired CadMouse.

If I can make anything work I'll post it here and we can mark as solved.

Thanks for your help so far.

HP Recommended

I am setting up the Oculus Rift VR today with a T730 and a Z840 both with Win 10.  We are sure we can get the USB to remote but not sure the full VR experience is possible.  Will let you know what I find out.

I am an HP employee.
HP Recommended

Wow! Your amazing! Thank you so much!

HP Recommended

I have been able to get my CAD Mouse to work by adding the key to hprpushbh but only in remote mode not in auto. Any thoughts on getting the mouse to automatically switch?

Thanks,

Rick

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.