Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended
Z2 G3
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Jabra PRO 9470 USB headset is connected and working on local machne (RGS Receiver), but remote computer (RGS Sender) is not detecting the headset as a USB speaker or microphone. Other USB devices, such as speakers built into Dell monitor are working fine.

How do I setup the Jabra Pro 9470 headset to work with remote (RGS Sender)?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Did a complete reinstall of windows 10 OS on receiver computer and installed the latest version of the RGS receiver software. This fixed the issue. After the reinstall the headset was detected without any problem. I even did a firmware update via the RGS connection. Worked perfectly. 

Microphone seems to work fine. but there is occasionally static when using the headset, which is annoying since audio from the Dell monitor, over the same RGS connection, is perfectly clear. Gigabit network so it's not a bandwidth issue.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

I have a user with a similar issue that I haven't had time to look at yet so interested in the answer to this; however to get it to work locally did you have to install any software or was it just plug and play?

Also have you tried plugging it in after connecting to the remote machine?  Might be local machine is holding onto the connection if it's live...

HP Recommended

Did a complete reinstall of windows 10 OS on receiver computer and installed the latest version of the RGS receiver software. This fixed the issue. After the reinstall the headset was detected without any problem. I even did a firmware update via the RGS connection. Worked perfectly. 

Microphone seems to work fine. but there is occasionally static when using the headset, which is annoying since audio from the Dell monitor, over the same RGS connection, is perfectly clear. Gigabit network so it's not a bandwidth issue.

HP Recommended

Checking to see if a property we have will work on a Windows receiver.  May have an answer for your static issue on the Jabra headset.  Get back to you shortly.

I am an HP employee.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.