Post new question
Question

Highlighted
Honor Student
Message 1 of 4 (157 Views)
Accepted Solution

Offline Activation of RGS Receiver

Product Name: HP RGS
Operating System: Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

I have been asked to evaluate HP RGS as a potential (better) alternative to VNC in a system. However the nature of the system means that it cannot and never will be connected directly or indirectly to the Internet. This poses a conundrum regarding the first use activation of the RGS Receiver. 

I have tried to identify our HP account manager but not had much luck so far despite the ongoing help from several people in our project supply chain team. 

Whilst trying to get an official answer, does anyone know if an arrangement exists that permits organisations using RGS to be able to activate receivers without the need to connect computers to the Internet?

0 Kudos
Accepted Solution

Re: Offline Activation of RGS Receiver

Yes, this is possible but you need to contact hp support. Follow the same support path you would use for an hp workstation. Escalate your request to 2nd or 3rd level support. The manual activation process is......manual, and does take more effort on your part.
View solution in context
Intern
Message 2 of 4 (126 Views)

Yes, this is possible but you need to contact hp support. Follow the same support path you would use for an hp workstation. Escalate your request to 2nd or 3rd level support. The manual activation process is......manual, and does take more effort on your part.
Honor Student
Message 3 of 4 (116 Views)

Thanks for that I shall keep the pressure on the supply chain team to identify our HP account manager, as I feel this is the correct route for us. I am just happy that I'm not chasing the impossible.

Intern
Message 4 of 4 (97 Views)

Just sent you a private email.

I work on the behalf of HP.

I work on behalf of HP
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation