Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended
HP RGS
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

I have been asked to evaluate HP RGS as a potential (better) alternative to VNC in a system. However the nature of the system means that it cannot and never will be connected directly or indirectly to the Internet. This poses a conundrum regarding the first use activation of the RGS Receiver. 

I have tried to identify our HP account manager but not had much luck so far despite the ongoing help from several people in our project supply chain team. 

Whilst trying to get an official answer, does anyone know if an arrangement exists that permits organisations using RGS to be able to activate receivers without the need to connect computers to the Internet?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended
Yes, this is possible but you need to contact hp support. Follow the same support path you would use for an hp workstation. Escalate your request to 2nd or 3rd level support. The manual activation process is......manual, and does take more effort on your part.
I am an HP employee

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
HP Recommended
Yes, this is possible but you need to contact hp support. Follow the same support path you would use for an hp workstation. Escalate your request to 2nd or 3rd level support. The manual activation process is......manual, and does take more effort on your part.
I am an HP employee
HP Recommended

Thanks for that I shall keep the pressure on the supply chain team to identify our HP account manager, as I feel this is the correct route for us. I am just happy that I'm not chasing the impossible.

HP Recommended

Just sent you a private email.

I work on the behalf of HP.

I am an HP employee.
HP Recommended

Hello Kelly RGS i have bought this licence but i cannot activte it because my platform it s offline of internet.

Can you help me ?

Thanks.

HP Recommended

Just sent you a private email.

I work on the behalf of HP.

I am an HP employee.
HP Recommended

Hello,

i have the same problem,

Áctual I´m evaluating RGS, but have no direct support for HP workstation (soory using DELL) and the support for server can´t help me.

This is the third forum looking for assistants for this problem, so also looking for some better support and information.

Post HPE Forum:

Hi all,

For testing RGS perfomance, I have setup RGS Sender and RGS Receiver. Inside the company LAN all works fine.

RGS Client works with HP Velocity feature enable and is showing active

After starting a VPN Connection to the company LAN from outside, I can start RGS Connection without HP velocity, but can not enable HP Velocity. The company VPN connection does not allow direct access to Internet (no public IP adress available).

How can I avoid this problem or active HP velocity by an other way.

(i have installed a 60 day trail version actually for PoC)

any help appreciated

Best regards

Martin

HP Recommended

Dear Support,
I'd like to activate HP RGS Advanced features while having no access to the outside world.
We rely on effective graphics performance via internal networks as our workstation are locked in a room away from our desk. Therefore HP RGS is our window to our workstations and I'd like to avtivate the advanced features, if that is possible. I have downloaded the latest release of sender and receiver (7.6).

Kind Regards
Stefan Schmidt

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.