Top Student
6 0 1
Message 1 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

RGS Receiver (Client) Scaling issues on high DPI windows monitor

RGS v7.4
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

The Microsoft Surface pro has a high resolution desktop (2376x1824) so scaling is set to 200% in display settings. However the RGS receiver doesn't scale properly and everything is very small.

How do we set scaling to work properly on high DPI desktop?

5 REPLIES
Grad Student Grad Student
Grad Student
238 16 23
Message 2 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

What version of RGS are you using on your receiver? 

I work on the behalf of HP.

I work on behalf of HP
0 Kudos
Fogarty Top Student
Top Student
6 0 1
Message 3 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Version 7.5. Youcan see from screenshot below that the RGS client app isn't scaling and text is very small. Likewise when a remote connection is made the remote desktop is very small and difficult to see.

rgs-scaling-issue.PNG

0 Kudos
Grad Student
238 16 23
Message 4 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Thanks for the info.  I did look at a Surface.  Unfortunately currently we are not DPI aware yet, but working on it.  There is not a way to make the receiver GUI or launcher any larger.  I tried changing the scaling around to see if it made any difference but nothing.  However, if I changed the resolution,  the  receiver GUI and launcher was larger.  However, this could cause different applications to become fuzzy in doing so. 

I work on behalf of HP
0 Kudos
craigmidlane Honor Student
Honor Student
3 0 0
Message 5 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

If you change dpi settings make sure you log out and back in again otherwise RGS isn't aware you've changed it like a lot of apps in windows 10.

We're running a number of users with Win 10 and 27" 4k screens and I have a 43" 4k screen, we've not had this problems with 7.3.3 or 7.5 64bit as long as you change the dpi and log out to refresh.

0 Kudos
Grad Student
238 16 23
Message 6 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Thanks Craig!  I forgot to mention that I did log out and back in when I changed my resolution.

Kelly

I work on behalf of HP
0 Kudos
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation