Locked topic

This topic has been locked due to inactivity for a long period of time. If you have a question, please create a new topic by clicking here.
Highlighted
wjimenez0883 Top Student
Top Student
6 0 0
Message 1 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

RGS blank local display

RGS 7.2.4.9638
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

When connecting to the sender machine the local display does not blank, eventhough the below setting is enabled in the rgsenderconfig file. I am running verion 7.2.4.9638 on both machines, the sender machine is an HP Z440 workstation running Windows 10 64-bit and the receiver an HP Z17 running Windows 7 64-bit.

image.png

-Will

3 REPLIES
Grad Student Grad Student
Grad Student
255 17 24
Message 2 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

RGS blank local display

There have been many changes since RGS 7.2.4.  Have you tried upgrading your sender and receiver to RGS 7.5?  It is a free upgrade.  On RGS 7.5 there is a tool called SenderConfigApp.,exe which is located where RGS is installed - new location if using 64 bit RGS - C:\Program Files\HP\Remote Graphics Sender.  This tool allows you to change quite a few things that are in the senderconfig file.  You must stop and restart the sender service in order for changes to take effect.  Let me know if you are still seeing this issue with RGS 7.5.

I work on the behalf of HP.

I work on behalf of HP
0 Kudos
wjimenez0883 Top Student
Top Student
6 0 0
Message 3 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

RGS blank local display

Hi Kelly,

The SenderConfigApp.exe is present in RGS 7.2.4, I have used it as well and still the same behavior. I have restarted the PC several times since I "enabled" blank setting but it still does not work. I will try to get IT to install RGS 7.5, last update they had available was RGS 7.4.

0 Kudos
Grad Student Grad Student
Grad Student
255 17 24
Message 4 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

RGS blank local display

Please update me on RGS 7.5 if you are still experiencing the same issue.

I work on the behalf of HP.

I work on behalf of HP
0 Kudos
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation