Post new question
Question

Highlighted
Honor Student
Message 1 of 3 (58 Views)

RGS is refusing connections and throwing errors

Product Name: RGS v7.33
Operating System: Linux

I have built a Red Hat Enterprise WorkStation and installed RGS. We have a decent sized enterprise and have NIS handling logins for Linux and Windows Services handling logins for that platform.

We do offer single sign-ins for Linux users (you can use either set of credentials). I know this SSO scheme works because I can SSH to the test machine and log in using either set of credentials. If I try to login via RGS, the following is seen in rg.log.

05-18-17 07:57:06 INFO  - ReceiverDetails::isMatchFound - allowing connection via subnetmasking to IP address
05-18-17 07:57:18 ERROR - UnixSenderSecurityContext::authenticatePam::run - pam_authenticate failed.

Here are the relevent lines from /var/log/secure

May 18 07:57:18 hacl90 rgsender: PAM unable to dlopen(/lib64/security/pam_stack.so): /lib64/security/pam_stack.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory
May 18 07:57:18 hacl90 rgsender: PAM adding faulty module: /lib64/security/pam_stack.so

I've been looking at this for two days and frankly, my eyes hurt. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Honor Student
Message 2 of 3 (55 Views)

Re: RGS is refusing connections and throwing errors

Sorry guys. Almost forgot. The OS is RHEL 7.3

Intern
Message 3 of 3 (17 Views)

Re: RGS is refusing connections and throwing errors

What version of RHEL are you using?  If RHEL 7, this is a valid configuration.

Below is an example of an incorrect pam.d/rgsender

File: /etc/pam.d/rgsender

#%PAM-1.0

auth       required             /lib64/security/pam_nologin.so

auth       required             /lib64/security/pam_stack.so service=system-auth

-----------------------------------------------

It should look like this:

-------------------------------

File: /etc/pam.d/rgsender

#%PAM-1.0

auth  required  pam_env.so

auth  required  pam_nologin.so

auth  include  system-auth

account  include  password-auth

session  include  password-auth

You could also try changing "auth include system-auth to auth include password-auth

Let me know if this helps.

I work on the behalf of HP.

I work on behalf of HP
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation