Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended
Remote Graphics Software
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I would like to use RGS sender on Win 10 laptop connected on my home network.  Can someone from outside the LAN be able to connect to the system?  If so, what steps do you need to take on router/laptop to enable?  I've used RGS within a private network before with no problems, but trying to use over public network.  Trying to collaborate with remote clients.

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

RGS will work with a VPN abut not over a public network.

-Becky, HP, Inc. Employee

I am an HP employee

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

RGS will work with a VPN abut not over a public network.

-Becky, HP, Inc. Employee

I am an HP employee
HP Recommended

Thanks.  I eventually came up with the same solution.  Did create a VPN and it worked in that situation.

HP Recommended

Just curious. What did you do that solved it? I've checked port forwarding on the router, I've checked windows firewall inbound rules. Not sure what I'm doing wrong.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.