Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended
HP RGS receiver
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I am trying to remotely use my workstation in the office. RGS will connect to it and allow me to interact and work on it, however the it seems to think that it is operating on a tablet instead on a PC. The options available are those for tablets, with instructions how to use the touch-pad etc but that limtis its usage on an actual PC.

I can also not move the window to another monitor (or move at all for that matter), re-size it etc (the VD is just a small window)

My setup:

Lenovo ThinkPad T460s

Processor: i5-63000 @ 2.4GHz

RAM: 8 GB

System: 64 bit

Pen and Touch: Touch support with 2 touch points

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

What version of RGS are you using?

RGS assumes it's a tablet because of the touch interface, we had the same issue with Dell m3800 laptops.  Run the receiverconfigapp.exe as admin and turn off force touch interface on tablets (or something along those lines).

I believe this is fixed in the latest versions as I can't see the option on my touch laptop.

HP Recommended

Thanks for the suggestion, I will try it out and report the result.

I am using RGS receiver 7.0

HP Recommended

Well since I couldn't find a solution to it I downloaded the latest version and everything works fine there.

I could not find "receiverconfigapp.exe " on my system neither btw.

HP Recommended

The ReceiverConfigApp.exe resides where RGS is installed as well as the rgreceiverconfig file.  Default location is C:\Program Files\HP\Remote Graphics Receiver. 

I am an HP employee.
HP Recommended

Hello Kelly, thanks for the instructions. In my current instlallaion this file is indded in that location, however it was not available in the previous installation.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.