Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

I have the same  problem  using the the latest 7.3.2 RGS. The sender is an Z600 running W7Pro64

I have an NAS  that runs  an linux   ssh  server  that I use  port forwarding to create an VPN tunnel  between  client and sender over the internet . The sender have a router  in the front  that open up the ssh server .The reciever is a W7 laptop running a 4g radio internet  connection (WAN) to my static IP " .  Using the  the RGS within the LAN works okay !. But not when using WAN.  I get timeout  and  th same scrren as the first person in this post

The Z600 have a static IP 192.168.0.111  (see picture )   and the second one have   IP 192.168.0.104.

Simular  set up for Microsoft remote desktop works  with no problem  over the WAN for both Z600 (see picture set up)

Please

Help me  and give me an example how to set up the VPN ssh server tunneling , since my efforts don't work for the RGS on WAN.

ScreenShot089.png

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

Please Check the Network Timeout Section of HP Remote Graphics Software User Guide .

RGS provides two user-settable RGS Receiver timeout properties to allow you to optimize RGS for your particular network conditions (such as low-bandwidth or high-latency conditions). These properties allow Potential issues and suggestions 99 you to specify timeout values that, if exceeded, will cause the RGS Receiver to take specific actions, such as displaying a warning dialog or closing the RGS connection. The two RGS Receiver timeout properties are: ● RGS Receiver warning timeout property—If this value is exceeded, the RGS Receiver displays a network connection warning. ● RGS Receiver error timeout property—If this value is exceeded, the RGS Receiver closes the connection.

For  more  information you may refer below URL  

http://h10032.www1.hp.com/ctg/Manual/c04529581

Although I am an HP Employee, I am speaking for myself and not for HP.
**Click Accept as Solution on a Reply that solves your issue to help others**
******Clicking the Thumbs-Up button is a way to say -Thanks!.*****

HP Recommended

HP Velocity is turned on by default.  There are known issues with HP Velocity and VPNs.  Please uncheck HP Velocity in the Receiver GUI, and try connecting.  If this solves your issue, please respond with what VPN you are using.

I work on the behalf of HP.

HP Velocity Receiver GUI.JPG

I am an HP employee.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.