Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

Hi Kelly,

I have one question, i have many clietns in the environemnt which have HP velocity by default enabled and we are using clietns for connectiong to virtual desktop via  VM Horizon and of course we have different conneciton servers. I thought to test HP velocity on connection server but for this we need to select Single sided "Accelerate" option, its new option in velocity verison 3.2 in the clietn then it visible to velocity server, so it there any way select "Accelerate" option via command line or HP device manager task template.

Thanks in advance !

8 REPLIES 8
HP Recommended

Are you using HP Thin Clients for your receivers?  If so, what model and OS is on them? 

I work on the behalf of HP.

I am an HP employee.
HP Recommended

HI Kelly,

First of all thanks for your reply.

I dont know about receiver even i found some command to remotely disbaled Hp velocity but as i checked in the client there is no reciever installed, so for using HP velocity should we also need to install reciever because HP velocity is by default instaled and enabled in the client.

Clinet : T620 quad core

OS         : Win 10 IOT

I have HP EasyShell confgiured, where script link is added in the application, after client boot its automatically connect to vdi via vmware horizon clinet automatically.

Thanks in advance.

HP Recommended

I have reached out to the Windows Thin Client team for assistance with this since it is not RGS related.  Will update again once I hear back from the TC team.  They may point to another forum, or they may provide me with some help to give you. 

I am an HP employee.
HP Recommended

Sounds very good, Thanks  a lot!

have a good time !

HP Recommended

Here is what I found out from the ThinClient team.  They reviewed the admin guide, link attached below, and on page 30, it mentioned that it can export its configuration.  But, it seems like all of the configuration is for the server side.  They played around with the velocity client running on a thin client and then used ProcMon to monitor, they can only see the registry key for Velocity mode: [HKLM\System\CurrentControlSet\Services\IPeakLWF] 

Filtermode

They could not see anything being changed when they toggled the Single Sided Accelerate mode.  There is a command line tool called ipqtool and rand ipqtool -get .config.  It does not have single sided accelerate mode settings listed as well.

To wrap up, they said that the best part HPDM plays is the file and registry and script/command.  Without an approach of setting that configuration via registry or file silently, HPDM can only help with:

1.  Test several thin clients with Shadow function to change the Velocity option on thin client.

2.  Capture and deploy the whole image.

Just wanted to provide the info that was given to me.

I am an HP employee.
HP Recommended

Hi Kelly,

Thanks for reaching out to ThinClinet Team!

As i had already played around and i found nowhere else to selecte Single sided "Accelereated" option via registry or any through command line except GUI Small pop-up task in task pane in Thinclient.

I know we can set the settings as per need and capture the image then roll out but its not a genuine option for one setting we can re-image all Thinclinet even in my environemnt around 700 cliinets that's not posible and doesn;t make sense at all.

I dont know why its not option like other HP pre-installed tools like HP ram disk, hp UWF and Hp hotkeys we do have option to do changes via registry or comand which we can roll-out via HP Device manager to all.

By default all thin clients have HP velocity mode Enabled. so why dont we use this setting to install HP veleocty server on management server to see all clietns status but it doesn;t work without selecting accelerated mode.

1. Clients have this option enabled by default

1.png

2. If you click on this, following small window pops-up and you can see its enabled.  but single sided Accelerated not selected.

2.png

3. If you open HP velocity server, then you will see nothing listed it means no client is visible even velocity is enabled. Now at this point login to client and select single sided "Accelerated option" then as soon as you did this the clinet is visible on velocity server.

3.jpg

Could you please transfer this information to ThinClinet team, so it means we can't do remotely via script/command to select single sided "Accelerated" option without this not visible the clients on HP velecoty management console.

So what is the option or command to disabled HP velocity on client via HP Device manager because if we are not using then needs to be diabled because it conusmes bandwidth has read somwhere.

Many thanks for your help and support to connecting different teams.

Wishing you all the best.

HP Recommended

Will pass along your feedback. 

I am an HP employee.
HP Recommended

https://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Business-PCs-Workstations-and-Point-of-Sale-Systems/bd-p/Business-PC-W...

Passed along your comments to Thin Client team but have not heard back.  However, I did find a forum where you can correspond directly about Thin Client issues.  Since the issue you are having is not actually RGS related, and to hopefully get you some responses from the team, here is the forum you can post to. 

I am an HP employee.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.