Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended
Remote Graphics Software RGS
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I have a dual monitor workstation that runs the RGS sender software.

I have a PC with RGS receiver software on a beamer.

When I connect to my workstation, and I keep the screen borders visible in RGS receiver, then I can scroll between both of my sender monitors using the bottom scroll bar.

But as soon as I turn off the screen borders to get a full screen view RGS only shows one monitor.

I have no idea how to view my second monitor.

When I turn on screen borders and scroll right to view my second monitor and turn off screen borders RGS immediatly switches back to my first monitor.

I really want to turn off borders as these borders take up screen space and I have to scroll up/down and left right all the time. When I turn off borders I get a nice full screen without scroll bars that matches my workstation screen.

It seems RGS always shows the monitor that is connected to the first output on the graphics card.

I really would like to be able to switch between sender displays in full screen mode.

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Need a little more info.  Are you using NVIDIA graphic card on your sender?  What version of Win 10 are you using on your sender (build and version number).  Are you also using Win 10 on your receiver?  Also, what resolution are you using on your receiver monitors?  Both the sender and the receiver need to be able to support the resolutions being requested.  What version of RGS are you using on both sender and receiver?  Should be able to give you something to try with knowing this information.

I work on the behalf of HP.

I am an HP employee.
HP Recommended

Sender:

Win10x64 / build 1803 / 17134.228

Nividia Card Quadro P4000

2x monitor Dell U2412M on DP / resolution 1920x1200

HP RGS 7.3.2.11099

Receiver:

Win10x64 / build 1803 / 17134.228

Intel HD graphics 630

1x beamer Epson PJ / resolution 1920x1200

HP RGS 7.3.2.11099

HP Recommended

Thank you for the additional info.  First I would recommend upgrading to RGS 7.5 on both sender and receiver.  There has been a lot of changes since 7.3.2.  The upgrade is free.  If you have issues getting it on the web from the HP Remote Graphic Sofware website, let me know.  I have an ftp that I keep the most current version of RGS.  Since 7.3.2, we have implemented into RGS the capability to use NVIDIA resolution matching.  You will need to modify the rgsenderconfig file which is located where RGS is installed.  As of RGS 7.4 we released a 64 bit version for Windows, the 32 bit will be going away soon. 

The property you want to modify is this one, I have already modified it here as this is from my system.

## Enable enhanced RGS resolution matching for Windows systems with Nvidia graphics.
## Valid settings are on, off, and auto.
Rgsender.Compatibility.Displays.AllowNvidiaResolutionMatching=on

Make sure to stop and restart the sender after making the change to have the changes take effect.    Hoping this will resolve your issue.  I can also try to reproduce this type of setup with a laptop being the receiver with no monitors attached and see if this works for me with a sender that has two monitors. 

I work on the behalf of HP.

I am an HP employee.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.