Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended
z440
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello

I got a test setup with a Z440 Workstation and Win 10 Enterprise.

and a 3d connexion SpaceMouse Pro Wireless (3DxWare64_v10-5-6_r2771)

I installed RGS 7.4.0.13800 on 2 machines to act as sender and receiver

And the 3d connexion latest drives (same package)

enabled remote usb. And then tried to tilt en turn some test models.

When i directly connect the usb to the Sender i can work with the models

and when i do the same on the remote sytem that works aswell.

But...

when i connect the RGS Session everything seems to connect. Even if i disconnect the SpaceMouse you can see on the sender that the usb device is removed from device manager but i am not able to turn the models.

Zooming works fine. and so do the keys. [ctrl]+[esc],  brings up the start menu on the remote machine.

Am i doing something wrong or is this situation just not supported ?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Looks like the mouse was not actually returning to the receiver locally, that is why I gave you those instructions.  Most people with the SpaceMouse do not want to have to unplug it and plug it back in to go back to the local system.  There is also a GameMode setting which is used with RGS for 3D applications, but you mention it is working fine on the sender just not locally after disconnecting.   Please let me know if you are still having issues after reviewing the other response to this post.

I work on the behalf of HP.

I am an HP employee.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

You can control the behavior of devices via USB with RGS.  Here is where the change needs to happen.  If you want to have the device automatically go back to the local system after disconnecting this should work.  You should not need to disconnect the SpaceMouse after disconnecting and then reconnect to enable it locally.

Configuring the remoting behavior of individual USB devices (Windows only)

The remoting behavior for individual USB devices can be altered from what was set globally during installation.

IMPORTANT: This configuration requires modifications to the Windows registry. Registry modifications should be made with extreme caution, and you should always make a backup of the registry prior to making any changes.

To configure the remoting behavior of a USB device:

Find the vendor ID and device ID for the USB device (see Determining USB device information (Windows) on page 44).

Open the Registry Editor and create the following registry key:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\hprpusbh \Parameters\Device

Create the following registry key:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\hprpusbh \Parameters\Device\VID_VendorID&PID_ProductID

For the key you just created, create a string value named Mode.

Set the value of Mode to auto, local, or remote.

NOTE: If set to auto, the USB device switches its mounted location between the sender and the receiver at the start and end of an RGS connection respectively. If set to remote, you must physically disconnect the USB device from the receiver after the RGS session ends and then reconnect the USB device for it to be usable on the receiver.

Page 44

Determining USB device information (Windows)

To determine USB device information:

Open Device Manager and find the USB device under Universal Serial Bus controllers.

Double-click the USB device, and then select the Details tab in the window that appears.

Determine the vendor ID, product ID, class, subclass, and protocol.

Select Hardware Ids from the drop-down menu. The vendor ID and product ID are displayed in the following format:

USB\VID_<vendor ID>&PID_<product ID>

In the below example, the vendor ID is 1234 and the device ID is 5678:

USB\VID_1234&PID_5678

Select Compatible Ids from the drop-down menu. The class, subclass, and protocol are represented by numerical codes and are displayed in the following format:

USB\Class_<class code>&SubClass_<subclass code>&Prot_<protocol code>

In the below example, the class code is 08, the subclass code is 06, and the protocol code is 50:

USB\Class_08&SubClass_06&Prot_50

I am an HP employee.
HP Recommended

Thanks for the quick reply.

Maybe i have not explained this correctly.

the 3d space mouse is connected to the local machine and is already controlling the remote machine.

but the problem is that it only zooms te model.

it does not rotate / pivote and what not. 

The setting you gave me only changes the behavior for the usb device swapping back and forth between both machines in applications (and that works fine too)

HP Recommended

If you can only zoom and use the CTR and ESC keys this looks like the device is still running on the local machine. I also was confused when it happend but in fact the spacemouse is running on the local machine and handles the HP RGS Receiver window as an application with the keys and zoom function working. You can check on which the device is running if you push the menu button on the Spacemouse and check on which machine the 3DWare application pops up.

If you follow the instructions to change the registry it will work but you could get issues with the Key functions (CTRL, ESC, etc.) not working but that's another issue I posted here on the forum

HP Recommended

Looks like the mouse was not actually returning to the receiver locally, that is why I gave you those instructions.  Most people with the SpaceMouse do not want to have to unplug it and plug it back in to go back to the local system.  There is also a GameMode setting which is used with RGS for 3D applications, but you mention it is working fine on the sender just not locally after disconnecting.   Please let me know if you are still having issues after reviewing the other response to this post.

I am an HP employee.
HP Recommended

The gamemode acutally helped me. 

- I setup a new system.

- Enabled Remote USB.

- setup RGS Session

- enabled gamemode through hotkeys

- Input usb in local machine, remote machine started to install the driver.

- tested:  full control

Thanks Loads !!

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.